$1.00 Queen catcher clips

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Daniel Y, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

UPDATE 1-7-2012 Please Read.
    When I asked for the bill so I could order the clips. I received a second quote. Nothing shady here this is how they do business. There is a second clip available for 26 cents per clip more than the first. it is heavier plastic and according to the supplier better quality.
    My question to those that have requested clips. Would you rather stay with the $1.00 clip or go for a better quality clip that I will round off to $1.25 each? Pay Pal charges will increase by about 3 cents per order as well.

At this time I am thinking that the reason one beekeeping supplier sells clips for $4.00 or so each and one sells them for $9.00 each is this quality difference. That is just a guess though.

Please remember I am just the messenger in this one. I have no way to say if the better clip is that much better. It has been known that these companies just say it is a better clip when it is in fact the very same clip. So for now I asked for a sample to be included with this order and asked for the invoice for the original clips.

My advice with my experience at this. I say we stay wit the original price. it is probably low since they are trying to hook me. now they want their hook back. They will in fact honor if if they can't get me to switch. I will get a sample if in fact there is a better quality clip. If there isn't there will be some reason they cannot provide one. If in fact this was an attempt to boost the price on the original item. price will be going up in future orders.

I say the best bet is we stick with what we have.

Has anyo9ne had any experience that indicates there are lesser and better quality clips on the market?

Update: I have calculated the price not including any surprises at a total of $16.12 per 10 clips. this includes all postage and fees that I know of at this time. Please watch for updates.

One last attempt at getting some sort of equipment saving thing going.

I found the plastic queen catcher clips for a very good price. I am thinking at this time they would end up being about $1.00 in comparison to $9.95 from mann lake. That low of a price makes me cautious. But if I can get them it will be 1000 of them. this is not a photo of the actual item but it does show what I am looking at. I cannot guarantee color for example.
    sku16351.jpg
    I also will limit orders to 10 minimum simply because these will have to mail priority mail in a box and it is not worth me packing and shipping orders smaller than that. If you are a member of a bee club consider buying a lot of them and then offering them to other beekeepers in the area.

In this case I will have to do more of a pay up front situation. I don't like that because such deals are much harder to put together and manage. I would much rather just pay up front ad them sell the item once I have it in my hands.

This is my last attempt to get a program started here given the last one didn't even get a sniff.

If I cannot get orders for 500 pre payed I may be able to front this one in February or early March.

List of those interested (Total so far 290 or more)
    Other Internet Group 150
    Perry 10 or more
    G-3 Farms 20-30
    2Tall 10
    Bsweet 10
    reidi_tim 10
    pturley 10
    crazy8days 10
    snookie 25 (no pre payment)
    Rjones 10
    Zookeep 10
    Gypsi 10
    kebee 5

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

If you can get an order at that price or even close, (and assuming it's the kind in that picture) I would be interested in 10 (maybe more if necessary). I paid 6 0r 7 dollars for one and it was the last one and every time I call they haven't brought in any more. I'm always thinking I may end up breaking or losing this one. They are absolutely great for securing a queen.
    I figure I would be able to sell or gift that many easy.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

For a $1 each and if they are as pictured I would be interested in 20 or 30 of them.

See if you can get an actual picture of them.

4. 2Tall

2Tall New Member

I would be interested in both items.

5. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

If as pictured I would take at least 10 clips. Jim

6. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

2Tall, the problem with both items is that increases my cash outlay by about $500. I can't do it. plus I have to get some indication there is interest in 500 of the grafting tools and it simply is not going to happen.

I am making this offer on this group but feel free to show it to others.

I ran some numbers. remember no guarantees but here is what I cam up with.

10 clips mailed in a priority flat rate small box (if they fit) woudl be a grand total of $16.12.
    $6.12 of that is postage, pay pal fees. IF I have to go to the med flat rate box the postage will increase by about $6.18. I really hope 10 of those clips will fit in a small box. If anyone can make a guess at that I would appreciate it.

If anything changes I will be letting you all know on this thread. I am also with the understanding that everyone is willing to pay p front on these items. I am still working on that and will let you.
    know.

I will contact you via PM with your order total and how you can make payment. If you want an invoice I will need an e-mail address.

If I can cover this on my own you will not receive a bill but you are on the list according to the posts in this thread. See list in the OP

7. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

8. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Just so you all know. Even if I have to take pre payment. I personally guarantee your money. That means if I place the order and get shafted. I will refund your money out of my pocket.

At worst all you can stand to risk is that the item is not the quality you expected. That the order gets lost in the mail or crushed on the way to you. Which I will make right. But nobody stands the chance of flat out getting ripped off on this except me.

9. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Are these coming from China or somewhere overseas?

I know I had ordered some batteries from China and seems like it took two months for them to get here.

I wonder if they would send you a sample so you could judge the quality before placing an order?

10. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

G3, I submitted a request for a sample. or a third party evaluation of the product. Keep in mind I will have to pay for the sample and it could cost as much as $30.00 for a single clip to be shipped to me. I will let you know what the exact quote for a sample is when I receive it and then you can decide if you think it is a good idea.

If anyone else has any suggestions let me know. I can track down as many as I can. Just remember the costs get added on to the cost of the clips.

I'm not going to do anything I am not willing to cover. So don't worry about my risk in this. if it makes you feel better to know a sample has been seen. fine. IF you want someone else in the group to see that sample fine. whatever it takes to make everyone feel they are making a good choice. I don't take concerns or doubts as an insult.

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Would just like to at least see a pic of what we are actually buying, not just some random stock photo of something similar. Not saying I don't trust you or your judgement, but these are things everybody is wanting to know before hand. The reason I wanted so many was because I know of others that do not come to this or any forum and would like to have them for that price. Like you, not trying to make a buck off of them, just passing on a good deal on something that they use.

Keep us updated for sure.

12. pturley

pturley New Member

For $16 and change I'd be in for 10 of them...

13. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

14. Rjones

Rjones New Member

I'm in for 10.

As a member of the IAP I have the seen how the group buys you were part of were ran, you have my trust.

15. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Thanks RJ,
    G3farms, I got the quote for a sample. they will not charge me for the sample, that is the clip itself. but the shipping on it is $40.

Everyone can let me know what they think about adding that cost to the buy. It does give some more assurance. adds about 4 cents to each clip.
    If we get that sample. I not only can tell you hands on what I think of it. But I would be able to send it to another member with more experience and they can give their opinion of it as well.

I realize this is a funny way of doing things. So whatever it takes for people to be comfortable.

16. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Just a pic of the actual product would work for me.

17. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I would be in for 10 of them, like Perry I have 1 and treat it like Gollum treated the ring in lord of the ring (yes I have a lot of kids) and Im so scared of loosing it, but would like to see a pic of the actual clip because like the old saying "if it seems to be to good to be true" I would hate to get 10 then find out out of the 11 I now have the queens can get out of 10 of them cause they were made poor or wrong size or what ever.

18. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

G3 Farms. the photo in my OP is of the item style. in other words it will be that type of queen catcher. I cannot guarantee they will be the clear plastic for example. That photo may be the one I was looking at from the supplier themselves. But they also have the habit of using any photo off the net as well.

19. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Zookeep, Bad things can happen that is true. I have never been that badly burned on any of these deals. Maybe a little warm at times over minor issues. It is actually likley these are the same clips you get form every other supplier. I just found the source. or at least one source.

20. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

works for me then