Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two of the Mini Plus Nuc System boxes I thought I would try from the German couple that are setting up a beekeeping supply place here in Nova Scotia (another thread). :grin:
Some of you might also remember that I have a 10 year old son that has steadfastly refused to come out to the bees with me the last 2-3 years
(since he took his first sting, to the head no less). :sad:
Anyway, my son was with me when I was putting these in the van and I could see he was interested in them so I asked if he wanted one. I was surprised when he said yes! :thumbsup: I asked him if he knew what they were for and he said yes, and if I would help him he would like to have his own nuc! :mrgreen:

These 2 nucs may have been the best investment I made in a long time!

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Okay buddy,
1. I told you you would buy something from them. :mrgreen:. I'm super glad it will be serving a double function.
2. I'm sure I'm not the first one to tell you this, but it's one of those things that are worth hearing as often as they can be said: Your son has a smile just like yours. Beautiful and infectious.:grin:
3. Enjoy your company at the hives. :amen:

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Fine looking young man there. Must have taken after his mama. :thumbsup:

You need to start a running thread on his nuc in the kids forum and let him keep it updated, like omie and pturley's threads.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Some of you might also remember that I have a 10 year old son that has steadfastly refused to come out to the bees with me the last 2-3 years
(since he took his first sting, to the head no less). :sad:
Anyway, my son was with me when I was putting these in the van and I could see he was interested in them so I asked if he wanted one. I was surprised when he said yes! :thumbsup: I asked him if he knew what they were for and he said yes, and if I would help him he would like to have his own nuc! :mrgreen:

These 2 nucs may have been the best investment I made in a long time!
That's priceless! :)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
perry, very, very, very cool! OMG, your son looks so proud! maybe he is ready perry! like iddee said: "You need to start a running thread on his nuc in the kids forum and let him keep it updated, like omie and pturley's threads."

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
nice start. what riverbee said.... I suspect most folks have little appreciation that there are layers of involvement in the bees and some of these don't require that much toil or the likely prospects of getting stung.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Good job Perry, hope you two have many bee days ahead of you together.:thumbsup: I also have to agree with iddee on taking after his mama.:lol: Jack

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
way to cool Perry. Good looking young man. Figured at 10 he would have a full beard by that age :grin:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Great news, congratulations :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts