2012 Package and queen suppliers list - 1st edition

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Tyro, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Tyro

Tyro Member

I have completed the first run through of this years suppliers price list.

It can be accessed at the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ndjYnpEUEE

A couple of notes:

1. The BIG suppliers (like Koehnen) typically don't post their prices until sometime after 1 January - so I will re-post the link when more of information becomes available (usually at the end of January).

2. Queen suppliers sometimes don't know their prices until further in the spring - so again, this will result in another posting of the link when those data become available (probably in March).

3. With the change in the postal rates coming in January, many of the suppliers can not be sure what the cost to ship will be.

4. As always, the notes about suppliers are my own, based on my own experiences and for my own personal record keeping. Comments written in the file are not intended to endorse or to discourage anyone to or from an individual supplier.

Prices have gone up again this year (on average).

Merry Christmas to all.

Mike

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I don't know if these warnings are necessary but here it goes anyway. 1) Try to find someone who produces packages that is somewhat aligned with how you wish to rear bees.... some inquiry as to typical medication and the bees origin* is generally a good idea. 2) Much of the southwest and central states have/are experiencing a drought and this will aversely effect package and nuc supplies... I have already heard RUMORS of one fairly significant package producer in southern Louisiana already being book up for next year.... so the by word here is order early.

*just as an example: because bees appear to be coming from South Georgia remember that a lot of California bees are set down in south Georgia and north Florida after they come out of the almonds. I am sure there are exceptions but almost all the pollination bees are highly medicated to meet contract obligations.

4. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

Thanks for posting this for 2012...wondered when this year's version would make it debut.