2014 package suppliers list

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Tyro, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Tyro

Tyro Member

All,

I have started the 2014 Package/Queen suppliers list once again. The link is posted below. As always, some disclaimers:

1. Inclusion on the list does not constitute endorsement of any products or services.
    2. The list is not intended to be all inclusive but instead to give beekeepers a sense of where the market is for bees and queens
    3. All information on the list is 'to the best of my knowledge'. Shipping costs are to my zip. It is up to the users to verify costs, services, etc.
    4. If you are a supplier and wish to be included on the list - please provide for me all information (contact, address, phone, email, prices and products). I do not intentionally exclude anyone. However, if you do not ship (ie. you are a local provider only) the benefits of inclusion are limited.

I will be updating the list periodically as more information becomes available.

As always, prices have gone up once again. I was shocked in particular at the jump in nuc prices. I need to start selling nucs!

The list:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9st3AJ3ns2wWlNxWEN4ZUVTV1U/edit?usp=sharing

Mike

2. camero7

camero7 Member

Thanks. I decided not to sell spring nucs this year because of the price increase from my supplier. IMO nuc prices are at the tipping point where the hobbyist may quit buying them. Hard to justify the price.

3. Tyro

Tyro Member

I believe that - the nuc prices are high. I can buy frames (from a commercial beek) for $15/ea. plus a queen ($25?). Makes my cost for 5 frames of bees and brood + queen at $100. Three frames of brood and a queen are now MUCH more than that.