3 swarm calls this past weekend

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Fuzzystuff, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

I had a call Saturday evening, swarm on a fence. I went and collected bees and it was dark and could not find queen. Got a call from the same lady saying there were more than last night went back with my bee vac that I built this winter; got everything set up and there was the queen crawling over the pile. I quickly caught her and sucked up the bees. Vac worked fantastic; took them home and combined the 2 catches since the first was without a queen. There were not any problems and the queen walked right into the hive. Funny thing was before we even got home I had another call about a swarm across town. I could not make it so I gave her some names to call. She did say the swarm was about the size of 2 basketballs, but I still got about 6lbs from the first house. Now they are talking snow again Wednesday and Thursday I hope they are wrong.

VC swarm vac.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

I just got call #3 from this same house. Tree swarm again not sure if there will be a queen with this one I'm guessing no so I will have to scramble.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Better find an extra be yard as well! :shock: :thumbsup: :lol:

4. Crofter

Crofter New Member

Dang! I have to drive 350 miles each way to get bees and dig deep in my wallet!

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

No kidding, awesome luck you are having there...

6. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

No queen with this group so blending them with another hive.