3 trapouts for spring.....

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by DLMKA, Dec 7, 2012.

1. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

I just got asked to do another trapout when spring rolls around. One from a brick fascade on a house right near the front door and two from trees. One of the trees the owner is probably going to cut down anyway so I'm going to see if they'll just cut the hive section out intact and turn the trap-out into a cut-out. The other is in a tree they want to keep, the entrance is 8' up with what sounds like a booming colony. I'm getting everything ready now so that when the dandelions start blooming I can get to work. If we get a few warm days I might even get the supports for the trap box set up now ready for when the weather changes for the better.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Sounds like a winner, I have a cut out lined up already. Can't wait.

3. pturley

pturley New Member

I still have two pending at the apartment complex that I pulled four out of last summer, the parent colony is still in the fallen willow at a friends house (free) and a fouth removal I need to bid in a chapel at a old graveyard not too far from me.

The chapel is the toughest removal by far. Stone building, slate and copper flashed roof with decorative plaster/paintings on the interior! Add to that is a registered "historic structure" so whatever I do should likely be reasonably discreet. It'll need to be a trap-out (@ ~20ft elevation). Possibly even with the hive box painted to match the surrounding stone.

I am looking forward to next spring!

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Sweet! I have two waiting on me so far....

5. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I have 3 myself just waiting on more boxes (and time) :thumbsup: good luck to every1 when the time comes

6. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

I set up a swarm reporting tool on our club website so at least for now all the removals and swarm reports are coming into my inbox until I figure out how to make it send it out to the whole club so I can't be accused of collecting all the free bees :)

7. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

I have 1 waiting. It's in the same place I took one out last year, an old out building. I left some comb in there hoping I could get another colony to move in and lo and behold :)