5-22-2010 Chimney Bees cutout/trapout assessment

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Bens-Bees, May 20, 2010.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Don't hate me George, but I got a call for chimney bee removal. The owner says there is no flue and the fireplace was wallboarded over and now he can hear them in the fireplace, I hope that's where they are because he wants to remove the drywall covering the fireplace anyway. I MAY do the cutout at the same time if conditions permit me to. We'll see. Each one is different.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

No hating here brother, I am glad for you. I had plenty of calls last year, it just gets spread around, maybe next year for me.

Good luck and don't forget that camera this time!!

G3

3. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Did the assessment, they are not going to be accessible for a cutout, so I will do another trapout. Trouble is, I have no brood frames in any of my hives (all but one of them have young, either unmated or newly mated queens, and the one that has an older queen only has one brood frame left after I took the others for the other trapout). So I think I'm instead going to use this trapout first to repopulate those hives that I have taken so much brood from that they were left looking more like a weak nuc than a strong hive. I'll give the two weakest ones about half a week to a week each at the cutout, then I ought to have some brood to make a new start with the remainder of the trapout.

4. Monie

Monie New Member