666 topics is a bad number...

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by tecumseh, Jan 13, 2011.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Totally random addition to the topics of beekeeping I notice that we had exactly 666 topics posted... which seemed like a bad number.

Anyone somewhat superstitious out there? Do you hide in a closet because grandma told you too? cross yourself or any other odd habits (religious or not)?

There is of course BF Skinner's superstitious chicken which we all fall prey to from time to time.

2. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Maybe you should have stayed in bed?

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

LOL
    I noticed that yesterday as well Tecumseh, I held off!

4. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

Very. Superstitious. Especially at work. We can never mention we are having a good day or we will be instantly stalled. I am pretty good at knocking on wood too. Not sure if I really believe any of it. Just habit.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Nope, not here. Only little thing I do is when working on a fire sprinkler system NEVER put up tools before I have the system back in service. Seems something will always spring a leak if I do.

6. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Our daughter,(my little Angle) was born 6-6-66 she got teased alot.I told her not to worry,because there was an extra 6 in her birthday,so 666 dosen't count :mrgreen:

G3, i hate doing pluming jobs and i have one rule, Never start a pluming job on a weekend. Everytime i have there will be a part only a pluming shop has and they won't be open till Monday, and i'm out of water. :shock: Glad we have people like you who have the patience for it. :thumbsup: Jack

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Seems I have the most patience with mechanical things. Sometimes you just have to know when to walk away for a little while, then when you come back to it everything just falls in place. To me it is nothing but a big puzzle for the most part.

8. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

I'm not superstitious but, I do believe the bible. So I am a little cautious of that particular number.

9. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Don't think I'm superstitious but I do tend to pause for a moment if I spill salt or walk under a ladder and wonder if something will happen,but for the most part I just carry on with life . Jim

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Mark writes:
    Maybe you should have stayed in bed?

tecumseh:
    on some occasions that would be the best course of action (or non action if you will).

11. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

On second thought, I do tell my brothers that they will have 7 years bad luck if they break my mirror. I don't know if that counts or not tho'.

12. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Is that 7 years of beatings by a sister?????

13. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

I'm not superstitious...

It's just coincidence that my stride is short enough I've never stepped on a sidewalk crack, and that no black cat has ever crossed my path, or that I always leave a building by the same door as I entered.

It's just coincidience, that's all.