Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things we do on our farm every year is make a corn maze. After 14 years of designing them it gets tougher and tougher to come up with ideas. Generally, my Brother and I put it off until just before the field gets planted. Not this year. This year the field is planted, the corn is up 6-7 inches and we still hadn't finished the design yet.
Finally I came up with an idea that should work. Since I have a new hobby I figured it would make a good subject matter for the maze. So with that I have this years design.

Vertebrate Organ Mammal Organism Font

Once we get it all cut out I'll go up and take a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
That's cool Keith...there is a farm down the road from my parents house in southern Indiana that does that every year. They are a really big operation. I found an International Tractor and symbol on their land from a couple of years ago when Google Earth took their photos. Here is their site which showcases their latest design. They explain how they use gps to draw it and then use a herbicide to kill the corn for the design. I am not sure I like that part but probably not many ways to do it.
http://www.goebelfarms.com/

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we use pencil, paper, some 8th grade math, and a sickle bar mower :)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
awesome, very cool, and the bees knees papakeith
!!!!

this is the part i like best of all:
"we use pencil, paper, some 8th grade math, and a sickle bar mower"
especially the 8th grade math part:lol:

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got up early today and went flying. Here are the first shots of the maze. I still have to widen out a few paths, add signs etc, but this is a good start.

Water resources Plant Ecoregion Natural environment Land lot

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, Pumpkin season is fast approaching. I just had to go up and take another series of pictures.

So here's the finished maze:

Plant Green Natural environment Land lot Hedge

and if a still isn't good enough, here's a video of one of the passes.

[video=youtube_share;e6irCHis6jE]http://youtu.be/e6irCHis6jE[/video]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
well that is even more awesomer!! :lol::lol:

Daughters boyfriend..............gee honey I'm not sure what happened:think:, he just........fell out:evil:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts