A beeks garage

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by reidi_tim, Mar 24, 2013.

1. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

It was a nice day yesterday so after I got back from saying hey to the bees, I got busy building wooden ware. I ran out of 16 gauge 5/8 brads for my pin nailer so I headed to the usual places to get more so both box stores only had them in the million piece boxes but none in the 500 piece range. So headed to Harbor Freight as a last ditch effort. They had a 18 gauge 2 in one nailer stapler for $22.00. Thought it was worth the risk for the money.
    pin nailer.jpg
    I have to say I love it :grin:. I used my 18 gauge on the supers and the 16 gauge on the frames. So now with all the wooden ware ready for paint I have lost half my garage.
    garage1.jpg garage2.jpg

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Nice looking stack there Tim.
    (did I mention I hate painting?) :lol:

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Yeehaw! Welcome to the club!

4. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I ain't even got a garage, you can call home and ask my wife!

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

:thumbsup:...
    tim, have you seen daves garage.........:lol:
    btw, what does the 'boss lady' have to say about that garage full of bee equipment?........:lol:
    very cool!

6. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

The boss lady does not complain much about the garage as long as there is enough room for her and her walker to to get around my truck.
    Perry if you look at pic #3 you can see the tarps that I have set up ready to unroll and have a spray room. I would rather paint 10 boxes then 2. Have to have a good reason to set up the spray room. I think I still have over 100 frames to assemble gives me something to do on icky days like todat.

7. Lburou

Lburou Member

Did you make one of those frame jigs like Perry posted about? I did and it works very well, time well spent! :)

8. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

those cheap HF staple/brad guns are a great deal. I've got three of them now. One for each staple or brad size I need.
    I just primed my last box(for now) last night. Glad to have the spring build behind me. Now onto frames.

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Tim may be on to something here!
    First, buy a paint sprayer on the cheap (I happened to notice a Wagner still in the box on Kijiji for a decent price).
    Then explain to my wife that it really doesn't pay to just spray a few boxes with it, it's really designed to do them in bigger lots of say at least 20 or more. :mrgreen:

Wait a minute, cancel that, I just remembered the house needs painting this year and I'm trying to convince my wife it would be much quicker if we contracted it out. :|

10. Beeracuda

Beeracuda New Member

It didn't work for me yesterday. I bought one and headed home to start assembling frames. I had 60 frames to build and the HF gun shot 1 staple and that was it. It never would reset the hammer to hit the next one. I got all the frames built, but it made for a long day.

So as bad as I hate returning stuff there, I took it back. They only had one cashier open and the line grew pretty long (what else is new!) waiting on me. They couldn't swipe my card and then she couldn't find a pen that would write so I could sign the return.

11. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

That can be an air pressure issue. You need 80 psi to have enough air pressure still in the gun to force the piston driver blade back up. At 60 psi it will shoot the first nail but not the second.
    Air minimum pressure needed depends on the gun, they are all different. and can change as the parts in the guns wear.

12. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

Too bad, I've had nothing but good luck with the ones I've gotten.

13. Beeracuda

Beeracuda New Member

That's the first thing I thought of. It showed 70-120 PSI in the book. I went down to the lower end and back up to the max that my compressor would put out, but no luck. Of course the gauges on the compressor could be bad. I looked for my other regulator, but I couldn't remember if it was at the house or race shop. I finally gave up and went to nailing. The good news is, I won't have to do that again for a while. :grin:

14. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Perry your looking at it all wrong..... get the house painted and then buy the spray gun, and use this statement this statement from the manly - mans guide to dealing with the other half...... " You honey if I had bought thisfill in the blank ( your case the spray gun ) just think how much money we could've saved, if only I had thought about it earlier:mad: so we should go ahead and get one, I'll be able to use it in the shop for now " Now Perry you are only eluding to the fact that you would have painted the house if you had the spray gun or you would consider painting if you just receive a mind numbing blow to the head. When in reality you would never considering painting the house yourself. By the time the house needs painted again 1 you have moved or 2 that spray gun has long since passed away :razz:

15. Fuzzybeekeeper

Fuzzybeekeeper New Member

I bought one exactly like that three days ago and put together 10 frames pretty quickly this afternoon. Worked like a charm. I have always wanted one but never thought I could afford one. But for $22, even if I put together frames for only a couple of days, it will be worth it.

16. Beeracuda

Beeracuda New Member

I guess I will have to check my pressure gauge with a known good one to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Fuzzy, we were just in Brenham for the Beekeeping school. We really enjoyed it and plan on going again next year.

17. Fuzzybeekeeper

Fuzzybeekeeper New Member

Beeacuda,

Glad you were here. We had 460 people present and a wonderful day. It started out a little dreary but wound up great. If it hadn't warmed up, we would not have been able to take folks down to the bee hives and open them up.

By the way, there is someone else registered on this site (and others) as "fuzzy". I am Fuzzybeekeeper. I was the one on the microphone at the school.

Come up and introduce yourself next year.

Now, let's all pray for some rain!!!

Fuzzybeekeeper

18. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

wow this thread is educational!

19. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

If they can't find you handsome.......

I found myself doing like Keith I bought another two and color coded the so I no which gun has what in it. Something to do with the subject as I sit and painstakingly work on the new revised Tim edition of the manly-man handbook. I ponder a quote from a Canadian Red Green " If the woman don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy " I'm sure the scholars will debate this well into the next millenium . So for this scholar the meaning will be implied " So if the woman don't find you handsome they should at lest find you handy ( the mans job is to make sure whatever task she wants done, is one that shame to admit; is not your cup of tea:lol:) The exception to that rule would be you can't help carry the groceries in, but you can help the girl half your age ( yes she does wear a two piece when mowing the lawn ) move her piano into the house :rolling:.

20. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Just remember that the lady of the house can hire 2 handsome young men to do what she needs done for half the price of the guy who can't help but has all these excuses.