Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a big change coming on Friday March 2!

The Good

We're growing at a tremendous rate and have made the decision to upgrade our forum software from the free phpbb to the much more robust vbulletin software. This change will give us the ability to really grow our forum and offer our members much more in terms of options. It's also a way for us to create more avenues of information. With the new software we can create an entire website around our forum so that we can have a complete website in addition to just the forum.

The Bad

During this transition we are going to lose a few things so I wanted to warn you in case you would like to make some backups. When we transition to the new software almost everything will move so you shouldn't lose anything with the following exceptions:

1. Avatars will not move from this software to the new so make a backup of your avatar and be prepared to have to add it to the new forum.

2. Any Folders that were created for storing PM's will be lost. The PM's themselves will not be lost but anything you may have stored in a folder you created will get put back into your inbox.

3. Passwords will be lost. I'm really sorry about the inconvenience this one causes. The passwords are stored in our database encrypted for your safety. Even an admin cannot see your password here now. When we transfer your account to the new software all passwords will be replaced with randomly generated numbers and letters. It will not be difficult to reset your password and I will be creating a post showing you exactly how to do it. Just an FYI for those of you familiar enough with forums, the way to reset your password is going to be clicking the "forgotten password" link.

4. All blog comments will be lost. The blog posts themselves will move but not the comments.

When will this happen?

We are working hard to get vbulletin ready and are planning on changing over mid day Friday March the 2nd. That's in just a couple of day's so it's all happening pretty fast. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but as I said before this is a change for the better! If you have any questions please post them here or PM an Admin or Moderator.

Thank you all for helping to make this forum so great and I hope this investment in our future is as fun for you to use as it was for us to set up.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
after spending some time working on the new format in the background I can honestly say. I think the new changes will be well recieved. It also leaves plenty of room for future growth

·
Registered
983 Posts
Sounds great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
In this digital day and age, the rule of thumb says "At all times be ready to accept and adjust to change". :thumbsup:
The problem comes with some people who take time to adjust can't quite keep up with the pace. :oops: But I'm sure it is all for the best.
At this point, I think a good word of thanks is well in place for the administrators and moderators. They all do a splendid job behind the scenes of keeping things moving smoothly and maintaining the quality of this great forum.
Carry on. :yahoo:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
efmesch said:
At this point, I think a good word of thanks is well in place for the administrators and moderators. They all do a splendid job behind the scenes of keeping things moving smoothly and maintaining the quality of this great forum.
Carry on. :yahoo:
Very well put! :goodpost:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
riverrat said:
after spending some time working on the new format in the background I can honestly say. I think the new changes will be well recieved. It also leaves plenty of room for future growth
Were you worried about us swarming? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Eddy Honey said:
riverrat said:
Were you worried about us swarming? :mrgreen:
you never know :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm sure that if my wife found out that I had a queen cell somewhere I wouldn't have a chance to swarm :p Jim

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
I'm glad I read that. Going to have to save some pics of beehive frame supports to my plans file! They are comments!

Thank you for the notice.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts