A country howdy -06

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by -06, Apr 25, 2010.

1. -06

-06 New Member

Greetings and salutations, Used to have several hives but the mites got them. Have them all cleaned up and know of three wild swarms in an old building. Iddee sent me your link and is quite a keeper. Seems I am learning all over again. My cousin has a stainless slinger and I have some of my old gear. Looking forward to harvesting my own honey again and having much better pollination of the orchards.
    We live East of Charlotte about fifty miles(much too close) and in the "country"(not much left). We have a wee farm close by but live on 11 acres with two small ponds. We have gone to raised bed gardening but will do about an acre of garden for sale. Nearing retirement age(becoming an old fart-lol) and getting prepared for it by moving everything closer to our home. Vineyards, thornless blackberries, raised beds, and an attached green house should make the next years much more enjoyable.
    Looking forward to getting to know folks here and learning bee keeping from the experts. God bless, wc :wave:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Hello, wc. Glad you came by. Take up a chair and stay awhile.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello wc, and welcome to the forum. Just like riding a bike, you never forget.

G3

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

that 'new bike' does have a new gps with which you will have to become familar and learn to program. so everything ain't just like it was...

howdy back at ya' from Texas.

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Like I always say..."If iddee can do it, so can you!".... :lol:

Welcome to the forum.

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

7. XLB

XLB New Member

howdy, glad to see ya on the forum.

8. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hi there,
    Glad to have you here. There is plenty of beekeeping knowledge, experience and kind advice here, along with a generous helping of friendly conversation. Jump right on in and enjoy the forum.
    :wave:

9. BeeHunter

BeeHunter New Member

Welcome wc,
    If Iddee told you of this place then you must be aok!!! I try to drop by and see Iddee whenever I'm in town so maybe we'll meet ya someday. He's one heck of a guy and pretty dang sharp on the subject too! listen read and learn!!!
    Good luck