A couple hours with Adam & his bees

Discussion in 'Bees' started by PerryBee, Sep 26, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I went into Hailfax today and spent a few hours with Adam (the bandman) Collins.
    We went out to one of his yards and went through some of his hives. Upon driving up I was pretty darned impressed with his set-up.
    Altogether too neat and tidy and organized.:lol:

Then we donned our suits and had some fun. Check out the tool box he made for his stuff, puts my grubby tote to shame.

One of his singles is actually a quasi Lang/Top Bar set-up, pretty ingenious way to have both in one box.
    Then we went back to his place where he has 3 Top Bars that were just SMOKIN!
    Took a few close ups of the bees.

Had a good time Adam, thanks!

PS - just noticed the 3rd picture, Adam never looked better! :rolling: (Sorry buddy)

Attached Files:

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That is a good looking bee box, might just have to whip one of those out.

HAHA that pic of him holding the comb in front of his face reminds me of "Wilson" on the Tool Time show.

3. Marbees

Marbees Member

Neat, hives in picture #1 look like designer's apiary:wink:

4. Adam Foster Collins

Adam Foster Collins New Member

Don't they?

They are in a client's yard, so I thought I should try to make them look especially nice. But i won't do any more of that stenciling. Way too much work. Hives from here on out will just be painted, and if they need a number, I'll just stick one on the lid.

Adam

5. Adam Foster Collins

Adam Foster Collins New Member

I suggest that you do. Before I made that (which took no time at all) I was always forgetting something, and it always seemed to be a chaotic task getting things together to do an inspection. Now, things are pretty much all in one place.

Adam

6. Marbees

Marbees Member

I hear you, Adam, first 20 nuc boxes I made, were painted and stenciled in different colours, after that just painted, too much work, and no time.:sad:

7. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Those are great shots of the bees up close and personal. The pollen they are bringing in is almost fluorescent.

8. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

Was wondering in picture #8 if that was Perrybee's beard that is stuck in the entrance of the hive? :lol: