A couple of changes for today

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Charles, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Charles

Charles New Member

Problem 1:

I've seen mention of and gotten PM's on the setting for "Sent Private Messages"

After the upgrade this was set to "don't save a copy" for all users. It was a little confusing as most software has this automatically set to yes and it has confused a few folks. When they sent a PM they checked the "sent" folder and nothing was there and they were unsure if the PM had been sent.

Solution To Problem 1:

I ran a change through our database that turned this setting on for everyone. So now everyone is saving their sent PM's in the "Sent" folder. If you would prefer to have this turned off go ahead and change it in your "General Settings" I promise I won't change it again!

Problem 2:

We were using a cookie based system for keeping track of read posts and it has been pretty unreliable. What happens is you log into the forum and there are dark blue icons on forums which tells you there are unread messages in there. You go in and read them then go back to the forum page and the icon is still dark blue even though you've already read the messages. This is actually bothering alot of folks...

Solution To Problem 2:

I changed our forum so that read posts are now tracked in the database rather than a cookie. This is much more reliable and accurate. Hopefully it will fix the problem. One downside from this change is that everything is now going to show unread for you... sorry :-( If you go down to the bottom of the board you will see a button for "Mark Forums Read" click that and it will mark everything as read and all new messages will show as unread, until you read them that is :)

That's it for today, we have fixed 100's of small bugs over the past couple of days and I want to thank you all for your patience!

Charles

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

On the contrary...........We want to thank you for all of the time you have given to get this up and running!!:thumbsup:

3. Intheswamp

Intheswamp New Member

Does he sleep? I knew I should've bought some stock in that 5-hour energy drink stuff!!!!