A couple of easy meals

Discussion in 'Dinner Recipes' started by Ladyleo191, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

I admit it...I have more important (fun) things to do than slave over a hot stove most days. Here are a couple of recipes that can either be done with a range or in the crockpot.

1) Chuck or Shoulder roast (approx 3 lbs) I usually use bone-in because it's cheaper.
    1 can Cream of Mushroom soup-do not dilute.
    one onion, sliced

Preheat oven to 300F place roast in roasting pan and pour soup over it. Arrange onion over all. Cover very tightly with aluminum foil and roast approx 25 min. per pound. This can also be tossed in the crockpot on Low for 4-6 hours. Serve with potatoes or rice.

This second one is a versatile meal and amounts are flexible. Expand or shrink to your own use.
    2)Full cut round steak, cut into serving size pieces (Cube steak or bottom round both work as well.) 1 lb gives 2 of us two meals
    large can (or home canned) tomatoes
    Sliced or chopped green pepper (I use 1)
    Sliced or chopped onion (I use 1)
    Dredge meat in flour (salt and pepper to taste) and brown thoroughly in a deep skillet. Add tomatoes, peppers and onions and simmer until meat is fork tender. Alternatively, after browning meat, place in crockpot with remaining ingredients and cook on Low until tender. Hubby loves this over mashed potatoes, but we also eat it over rice or noodles.

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

those sound wonderful!

3. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

Thanks, both are some of my favorite comfort foods.