A Day at the State Fair

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by indypartridge, Aug 12, 2010.

1. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

Our State Beekeeping Assn has two booths at our state fair: one in the Agriculture/Horticulture building selling primarily honey, and another in "Pioneer Village" selling primarily candles and lotion bars. I volunteered for a double shift (9am-9pm) and ended up spending all day in Pioneer Village since they ended up short-handed there.

At one point during the morning, the woman working next to me asked "Do you know who that was you were just talking to?" I didn't have a clue... just another fair-goer I thought. It was the governor's wife. No matter, I enjoy talking to people about bees and always have fun chatting with folks at the fair.

It was a hot and humid day, with a heat index of 110 degrees. No A/C in the Pioneer Village barn where our booth is, and we're standing around a vat of melted wax (165 degrees) dipping candles. But you know what? It beat going to work and sitting in my cubicle by a country mile!

2. riverrat

riverrat New Member

that ladies doing better than I could I couldnt even tell you what our new governor looks like much less is wife.