a day in the yards

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Zookeep, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

took the cutout from Saturday out to the native nursery yard as well as 1 of the nucs from the other yard and put them in nine inch brood boxes, added another nine inch to the 1st hive I had out there, so now have 6 hives out there.

the other yards doing well, now that we are getting alot of rain, 8 of the 12 hives need boxes soon, 2 of the 3 that have honey supers are almost fully capped.

the 4 in my back yard are doing the best, 2 have half filled there 2nd nine inch honey supers, the 3rd is ready for its 2nd nine inch brood box, and the last is cone-o-bees, started from about a frame and a half of bees from a street cone, now has 2 full nine inch brood boxes and 5 frames pulled in its 1st nine inch honey super, took a picture of 1 frame from the upper brood box, all I can say is wow, and still only seen this queen 1 time, she is almost all black like the bees in this hive.

of the 10 nucs I started, 3 were moved into 10 frame brood boxes, 2 are at trap outs I have going now, 2 are sitting waiting for bigger homes (ordered 10 boxes and 100 frames today) 1 is growing a bit slower, and lost 2 (1 to ants and 1 to rob out)

I think Im doing ok for the short time Ive been back at it, It will be a year come August.

Attached Files:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

another out of contol bee addict right there lol:thumbsup:

4. Marbees

Marbees Member

This is a real nice compliment coming from river:thumbsup:
    Great work Zookeep:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I love that picture....it's plum full!

6. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

yep, I love doing this, and the wife enjoys going with me and she said this is the 1st hobby Ive ever had thats not only paid for its self but made a profit ( think its more then a hobby when I think of mann lakes as my dealer not my supplier :lol:) and I get to chat with keeps all over the world (even that frozen keep from north of the border) on this what has to be the best forum out there, also want to say thank you to all who have answered my questions and given me advice along the way:thumbsup: