A easy 1

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Zookeep, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

not much to say about it, trailer is being trashed so went right in and removed the siding, real nice brood pattern, she is a real keeper, Ive done 10 or 11 removal during the spring and summer, I will post them when I can, I have a removal at a Birthing center on Sunday, Ill take pics

Attached Files:

2. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

There is an angle change on the cells in the middle of the first picture. I haven't seen that that often especially on natural comb. Have to copy and add to my collection of photos.
    Thanks for posting ZooKeep

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

hi zoo!!! thanks for the great pics!
    i have missed your posts and pictures on the forum, just wanted to say so! looking forward to your pics from sundays removal.
    and ps, wish i had your weather about now!

4. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

went into the hive today and saw the queen hard at work, glad I got her looks to be a great hive.

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Did you transfer her combs to frames or did you transfer the bees to your own built frames?

6. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I always take brood comb and some pollen comb in all removals because I never know till I see the queen if I got her, this way they can always raise a new queen if I missed or hurt her in any way.

7. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

That is a very good point Zookeep especially if it seems to be local surviving stock with out treatment that is genital and a good addition to your genetic gene stock.