A few of the "Tundra Division" members

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by PerryBee, Jan 19, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

What do get when you add a TBH keep, a keep on a training course almost 2 hours from home, and a "hoary" keep (thanks Jack) from the valley, all together at a pub in Halifax?
    A pretty good time!
    Members Adam Foster Collins on the left, afss (Scott) in the middle, and me on the right!

[​IMG]

Adam, thanks for the honey, can't wait to try it.
    Scott, thanks for the formic and pads.
    Hope to see you guys again soon, maybe March 3rd at the AGM.

2. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

There is a Halifax BKA. The trouble is it's in Yorkshire.

" The best thing to come out of Yorkshire is the road to Lancashire "

What's this ? Empty glasses --- was it your round ?

3. Adam Foster Collins

Adam Foster Collins New Member

When I got home, I was telling my girlfriend how weird it was to sit down with people you've never really met, and talk for three straight hours about nothing but bees from start to finish -- and never really talk about anything like, "What do you do for a living?, or "Where are you from?" or anything that most people would spend at least a portion of the conversation on.

Nope. Just bees for three hours non-stop...

...and when you finally have to leave, you STILL feel like you've just gotten started.

Guinness and bee-talk with good people. Time well-spent.

Adam

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Sounds like a good time.

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

and thanks for sharing the picture.. it is nice to be able to put a face with a post.

a snip..
    Guinness

what was it Benjamin Franklin supposedly said... 'Beer is gods way of telling you to be happy and enjoy life' (or something like that).

6. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Your welcome Perry. :mrgreen: When talking bees with other beekeepers they don't seem like strangers?Our club had it's first of three beginning beekeeping classes last Tues. with 91 attendance, counting about 20 club members. I enjoy talking to beginners and explaining some of the things they didn't understand during the class, things like, pulling out foundation or drawing out foundation, things we beekeepers think everyone knows. :confused: One couple came to my farm this mourning to see how to wire and embed foundation, which lead to many other things. Like Perry, when talking bees you don't realize your glass is empty. :drinks: Jack
    PS. good pitcher :thumbsup:

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

My original thought was something about Moe, Larry and.....

Well, I'll be nice and say you handsome gentleman must be the three muskateers! (One for all and all for one!)

8. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Slowmodem,sounds like your on to a new comedy group, Mo, Larry, and Hoary. :lol: Sorry Perry i couldn't help it. :mrgreen: Jack
    PS. guess i better be careful where i say Hoary, some of my hillbillie friends would think it ment something else. :confused:

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

10. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

I like it: drinking Guinness with a straw!!! :thumbsup: Sounds like you guys had a good time!