A Grandpa's Christmas

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Dec 23, 2012.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Well we had our Christmas today, our son, daughter and their families. Had a great meal and all went well, except the grandkids found the coconut cream pie i hid for myself after they left.:eek: ( i was lucky to get one small piece) The three grand daughters wouldn't let me play with there toys with them, said i didn't know what i was doing and were afraid i'd break something.:roll: Mason,(my 5 yr. old grandson) got a toy tractor and a baler that rolled out hay bales (plastic), and a pickup truck with a flat bed trailor, so we got on the kitchen floor and started putting up hay. We finally had to go to another room to play, grandma,daughter, and daughter-in-law kept gripping at us, saying we were going to make someone fall.:???: Well there all gone home now except the three grand daughters, they decided to stay all knight. My wife just stuck her head in my den and ask, what are you doing in here, won't the girls let you play.:grin: I know what i'll have for breakfast in the mourning,the grandkids always want cathead biscuits,gravy, and sausage. Now if i can get some sleep with all that laughing and giggling going on in there.:roll: Life is Good.:thumbsup: Hope all of you have Happy Holidays Also. Jack

2. Marbees

Marbees Member

Hiding a pie in the house full of kids? Jack, you are an optimist:lol:
    Yes, life is good, enjoy it. Nice story, thanks for sharing it with us.:thumbsup:

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Jack, it sounds like you are having the Christmas experience we all strive for. :thumbsup:
    You are indeed a lucky man (except for the pie thing) and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Sounds like a lot of fun. Knowing Jack, he probably had another pie hidden out in the barn. :lol:

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Got woke up this mourning,some mean little girl was scratching the bottom of my foot with a comb.:eek: Guess that was payback for hidding the pie.:lol: Jack

6. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Jack, The art of counter intelligence is this case the pie, you need to set up a decoy pie :idea: that is hidden but not to well so when the operatives:hunter: find the decoy they give up. Mean while your pie is safely tucked away.:amen: I have to do this because the boss lady thinks its a crime :twisted:to have those iced coffee drinks in the fridge if she finds 4 they'll begone by the end of the day. If I buy one from the quicky mart and put it in clear view she will not look for the four pack I bought from the store letting me have one for 4 days :yahoo:

7. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I thought my pie was safe,(turned out our pie):roll: i hid it behind a box of apples in the basement refrigerator. Shows what i know??:???: Jack

8. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

It sounds like a house full of happiness!

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Sure is quiet here on Christmas day:???:. The grandkids went home yesterday, they were up early this mourning to see what santa brought them, and we've heard from two of them already wishing us a Merry Christmas.Christmas was alot more fun when our kids were home, but like they say, nothing is forever.:sad: The bright side is to see your children with their children, passing on a family tradition that we grew up with. But the best gift of all, is to see them healthy and happy.:thumbsup: Jack

10. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

sounds like great fun! Pies don't last long enough around here to hide though...I have a serious pie addiction issue :oops:

We went to my daughter's house and made gingerbread houses with the grandbabies yesterday. Christmas isnt' the same...but I'm learning to enjoy what I can of it. The upside is that I don't have so much work to do at home now :)

11. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Found out my wife had told our son and daughter that she had fix them and there daddy a coconut cream pie, un be known to me.:eek: When they didn't see it on the deaert table, they sent the grandkids looking for it, it's one of their favorite pies also:sad:. Our favorit pie is the lost butterscotch recipe of my mothers, she passed away in 2004 taking it with her. Nobody thought about getting it over the years.:roll: I'm sure it was passed down from her German family,Swigert, Kumer,Heinlein,ect? Her father was Irish, Haynes, it didn't have alcohol in it so it didn't come from his family side.:grin: I remember seeing her cook the pudding (made from scratch?) and she would drop little drops of it in water until it balled a certain way? she made fudge that way also. Anyone have an old butterscotch recipe made this way??? Jack