Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok you florida beeks time to tie down the hives, word is a tropical mess is heading our way

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mine stay tied down,too many times wicked bursts of wind from storms(mainly in the summer)have come off the field behind the hives.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
next 2 days gonna be ugly skyhigh , look at the radar, winds gusting to some say 40 so time for the girls to just sit at home lol

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Cracker, why do you have the little pieces of wood on the top of each one, under the ratchet strap?

·
Registered
554 Posts
tecumseh said:
^I do like Crackerbees sense of color. with out a doubt a colorful bee keeper...
Thanks Tec,I had to add some U.S.F. Bull colors in there to keep the peace because I'm the only "Gator" fan in the house,so I had to add a little green in there,they still want some gold paint :lol:

Omie said:
Cracker, why do you have the little pieces of wood on the top of each one, under the ratchet strap?
Omie those pieces of wood are to cover the holes for the jar feeders when I'm not feeding to keep the rain out

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
CLUE> notice stack of bee equipment against the fence in the background of picture one.... a most certain sign of bee addition!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice hives Crackerbee! My Dad and Grandfather would agree with the orange and blue. So where is the storm? I could have made hives for next year.

·
Registered
554 Posts
tecumseh said:
CLUE> notice stack of bee equipment against the fence in the background of picture one.... a most certain sign of bee addition!

That's not a stack of bee equipment Tec,that's two hives I keep separate from the others because they're still a little weak and I've had a robbing problem from my other hives.One is a swarm I caught from my hives last month,and the other is a cutout Rib Bones and I did.I have another that's painted I need to switch with the other that I didn't have time to do when I caught the swarm.
The rest is automotive lift packing I threw over the fence that my lazy butt hasn't put it on the burn pile yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts