Last week, I made up some nucs. Some, I made full of bees and brood, with little honey. Of course, along comes several days of low 50's, cold, rain, and wind. Today, one of the nucs was all but dead. A few bees just clinging to life. I mixed up 1/1 syrup, and sprinkled about a cup down on the dead bees. Three hours later, I went to out to see about possibly putting a frame of honey into the nuc if anything was saved. Boy, were they kicking. I probably lost half the bees, and most of the brood, since the night temps have been freezing the past couple nights. I'll check tomorrow if the queen made it. At least something was saved. Lesson learned...again!