A note to CFF

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by Iddee, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

But others may be interested, too.

I didn't raise any queens from my resistant hive this year, for lack of support bees. I only overwintered one hive. This year I am overwintering about 40, so I should have plenty to shake into a queen rearing hive or maybe even 2 or 3. Also plenty to populate the nucs when ready. Are you up to doing the grafting again?

2. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

Resistant queens always catch my eye! What kind are they? I was thinking of tyingmaking up some nucs here.
    Rick

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

An older farmer friend had 30 plus hives. He never treated and lost all but one when the mites came in. The one prospered and he caught a few swarms from it. He gave me a swarm from it 6 years ago. It still has not been treated in any way, and is still going strong.

4. Charles

Charles New Member

Hey Bee Catcher CFF hasn't logged in for awhile, you may get a quicker response emailing him. In the menu at the top click members then find him and there'll be an email link for him. Tell him we miss him ;)

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I've got his email, telephone number, and all. I know him. I was just putting it on the forum for the benefit of others.
    Thanks... I'll get him back on here shortly.

6. Charles

Charles New Member

Woops, didn't know that... Sorry :)

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

No sorry needed. I sent him an email on the 20th. He hasn't responded yet. I don't know if he's checking his mail. If he doesn't respond in a few more days, I'll call him.

8. CFF

CFF New Member

Sorry guys but work has been keeping me busy lately, I've just finished starting up a new project that has had me traveling a lot.

Iddee

Just shoot me an email and I'll drop in and graft up as many as you want buddy - just give me a heads up when you think you'll be ready.

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

All work and no play makes for a dull day.......

Get yourself some r&r.

I'm going to start pollen patties on the hives tomorrow, so they should be ready in about 30 days.