a stitch in time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G3farms, Sep 9, 2010.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Sliced the end of my pointer finger and needed 6 stitches to close it up.

My belt was too big and needed an extra hole to hold my pants up, as I was punching a new hole my old pocket knife decided to fold closed, only problem was my finger was in the way. I bled like a stuck hog. Had to leave the job site to go to the hospital. My wife was helping me for the last couple of days and took me. We were the only ones in the building so we just locked the doors and left all of the tools laying out everywhere. OH WELL, start again in the morning.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

With all the tools you have, you used a knife rather than a drill bit?

Bet you won't do that again for a while. :eek:

3. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Awww, I hope that heals really quickly for ya!

4. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Ow! Having driven my husband to the hospital for a similar injury (while slicing an apple) I know how quickly that can happen. Makes you regain respect for that knife, let me tell you!

Perhaps it would have been easier to just eat a few more chocolate chip cookies...

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I like your thinking Hobie, send some of that jelly my way :lol:

Thanks Mama Beek :p

Iddee I finished that hole this morning, this time I used a lock back knife and a small block of wood. Can't let a little thing like that beat me. :thumbsup:

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

ouch!

why is it some places on the human body just hurt worse than others? and once bandaged the wound is ALWAYS in the way of everything? ouch again, and again, and again.

7. beekeeperhelper

beekeeperhelper New Member

Finger wounds are the worst--always in the way and on your mind. Hope your's heals quickly and well. I've heard that honey is good for helping wounds heal . . . .

8. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

I hope it heals good for you too. At least it was something a little more dignified than my attempt to open a can of soup. :D

I like your idea, hobie! Although, not to add inches to my waist line, cookies just sound good.
    Honey is good for healing wounds, just apply it like a salve. It will also help ward off infection.

Tecumseh, there are more nerve endings on your fingers than most of anywhere else. That's partly why finger wounds always hurt worse. Also because your fingers move more often so, like you said, it's ouch again, and again, and again.

9. hardwood

hardwood New Member

More nerves in your fingers? Tell that to my teeth!

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

on the job injury knife cut finger while punching hole in belt heres a quick fix buy some suspenders they dont require holes. :D problem solved hope you heal up quickly

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Most of the time I wear bib overalls, they can be very hot and I sweat something fierce anyway. My darling wife bought me some pants to wear thinking they would be cooler to wear but were just a little too big. I still say it was her fault :shock: (I just have not told her yet!! :lol: :lol: )

It is on the mend, worked all day yesterday pulling on pipe wrenches and then went to bring home the square baler and as I was cleaning it out for winter I pinched it good (even said a few dirty words).

12. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

AWW, Just like tec said, It's ouch again, and again, and again. I hope you don't pop the stitches .

Hardwood, that why I said "most" other places. :D

13. cow pollinater

cow pollinater New Member

That's why God gives you things like fingers in multiples... When you screw one up you're still good to go :thumbsup: I'm missing two so I can tell you from experiance that the only reason you keep banging it on things is that your brain forgets that it is injured and tells you to move it automatically like it always does.
    But the good news is that a working mans hands heal fast.

14. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Dang it CP how did you loose two of yours..............cow sneeze?!?! :lol: :lol:

15. cow pollinater

cow pollinater New Member

Wrong hand... but that could very well be why my elbow hurts so bad. :lol:

16. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Could be, one of the fellas I know that used to do AI work had to quit with shoulder problems.

17. rast

rast New Member

I can sympathize, At least it wasn't your thumb. I have PO'd a whole bunch of bees at various times trying to lift a frame with only part of a thumb and no prints (friction) on the bottom side. Like WBB said the nerve endings are right there. OWWW!