A strange way to sell something?

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side...PG-13' started by Slowmodem, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

This is not a joke. I read this in a bee catalog in the discontinued items section as a description for Sucrocide:

I believe my tinkering around in the hive makes them resentful enough. I don't need to spray resentment on them, too! LOL

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

You didn't mention what this "bathing/showering" is supposed to accomplish. Is it an artificial attempt to create Africanized bees? :mrgreen:
    [I think i've read about it as a non-poisinous method of getting the bees cleaned off of Varrhoa]

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

There it is on the label....
    Does anyone have experience with it? Does it really eliminate varrhoa?

4. kebee

kebee Active Member

I would only use it if it was the last thing to do to get the mites off.

Kebee

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Why do I remember hearing about this product? It seems to me at one of the AGM's, Acadia University did a study on the efficacy of several mite control products including sucrocide, and sucrocide performed little better than the control hives that were not treated.
    I also think tecumseh may have some experience with something similar.

6. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I have a real hard time putting anything ending in "-cide" on any living thing that I care about.

7. BeesRawk!

BeesRawk! New Member

seems that there's a reason why this item is in the discontinued section. Why used a chemically engineered product when you can use a natural product you can make at home instead? The comment that Sucrocide makes the bees very mad and resentful is the opposite of the comments that I've read on the use of lemon juice/syrup mix where the bees didn't mind being sprayed. BTW, that treatment has been mentioned in another posting on this site with die off of mites as high as 86% (100% lemon+ 50/50 sugar/water), equal portion mix. I'm a newbie, so please take my comments as just IMOP.