A student from Germany came to the Farm

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Jul 25, 2013.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

At our last bee club meeting a new member(a professor from SWMU) came and ask if i would show my beekeeping operation to one of his students that was from Germany, and that he was going back home this Saturday. I agreed, and they came down today at noon,a very nice, and intelligent young man, a computer wiz, and worked over there in the designing Dept. for the Volkswagon, Co. He was wanting to see the equipment and how we go about beekeeping over here (hope i didn't let everyone down:roll:) He said he was new at beekeeping and that he was going to start a class for young beekeepers, that almost all the beekeepers in Germany was elderly ( i guess like iddee,tec, rat, G3, and Perry, ect.) and if they can't get some younger people interested in beekeeping that they may end up like China, and have to pollinate by hand:eek:.He spoke good English i understood everything he said, but he had some trouble understanding SW Mo. English, i would explain something to him and he would look at the professor and he would explain what i ment and laugh, i guess i was using to big of words for him.:lol: I also took them to the trapout i was doing and he was really impressed at the setup. We had a good time, they stayed for 3 hrs. and he took my E- mail address and said he would probably have alot of questions to ask me.:???: It's fun to talk to people from different parts of the world, you find out things that you don't hear on the news. Jack

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Good on you for being a great hoist Jack. :thumbsup:

3. jim314

jim314 New Member

I agree, good for you.:thumbsup:

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I have come to believe Jack that these sorts of encounters often times make a large and lasting impact on students way beyond anything most folks can imagine. It is often the stuff from which grand stories are told over some campfire late at night. Embellished a bit here and there and these can become the seed of myth and legend.

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I do believe that is how it worked with our own tecumseh! :wink: From the first time I was on this forum I've been in awe of you! :mrgreen: