Absolutely divine flavor

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by Bens-Bees, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

This last batch of honey has a flavor that I've never tasted before. I don't know what it's from as it comes almost midway through the clover season but it doesn't taste like clover; it's absolutely divine. I could guzzle this stuff! I would guzzle it if I thought I wouldn't be hunted down by my honey customers. I just wish I knew what it was from, and I wish I knew how to describe it better but it's VERY light, sweet, no aftertaste and no bite to it, oh, and it's SMOOTH too... real smooth. It's like the ultimate state of bliss on my tongue.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Sounds like gallberry.

3. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I had to google that. According to the maps I'm just outside it's range but it does look like some flowers I've seen blooming around here a few weeks back, so, maybe. When I googled the taste of gallberry honey it said "Its flavor is thick and aromatic", and I wouldn't call this flavor thick or aromatic. Just light, delicate and lovely. The color looks to be the same though.

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I was in a pine forest in MS that was carpeted for miles with gallberries. The honey looked like water with a few drops of yellow food coloring added. The flavor was the lightest I have ever tasted, and no after taste or throat burn at all. VERY MILD.

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I had to have my gallberry removed.

6. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Gunsmith you made me crack up so much with that comment that the people around me are about to commit me to a mental institution.

7. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

The neighbors sugar syrup from their hummingbird feeder? lol j/k

Clover does have a bite to it. It sounds like the butterbean honey we get up here

8. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Maybe some one knows of some one doing pollen research and are analyzing honey to find the scource and you could send a sample and let them ID the pollen in the sample possibly American Beekeeper or Tec may know some one.