Adulteration and the false labeling of honey are common problems in many countries

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by Americasbeekeeper, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

Pollen Analysis of Natural Honeys from the Central Region of Shanxi, North China
    Adulteration and the false labeling of honey are common problems in many countries [1]. In this context, melissopalynology plays an important role in ascertaining the botanical and geographical origins of honey by studying the pollen contained in the honey [1]–[6].
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0049545

2. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Another great article. Thanks and keep on posting these

3. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

Thank you. I thought it most interesting from the greatest offending nation.

4. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Dodgy Product

My local Indian/Pakistani supermarket has an interesting product on the shelves. It is a clear glass jar holding a piece of honey comb in a coloured liquid. The label does not use the word 'honey' but indicates that the liquid is a glucose and other sugars preparation.

I now know why my Pakistani customers often check ---- "It is PURE honey ? No sugars ?"

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

of course Barbarian one of the things you come to know or understand when you do this thing as long as I have is that 'dodgy' behavior becomes more and more sophisticated as time goes by. the real magicians are those that can do the 'dodgy' behavior and never be noticed.