Advertising

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Monie, May 19, 2010.

1. Monie

Monie New Member

Other than getting your name on swarm lists and such, do you do any advertising?

I've thought about it and have looked at a few different ways to go about it. I think a simple door magnet would work.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Advertising means running a business. Keeping books, things like that. The online search engines, the local exterminators, and the local agriculture centers give me all I want.

3. Charles

Charles New Member

You might give your local craigslist a try, they have a services directory and it's free :)

4. Monie

Monie New Member

I've got an ad on Craigslist and Agri Seek. :)

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I get more calls from the exterminators than all other sources combined.

6. Monie

Monie New Member

I've only gotten one call and that was last year. Never panned out. It could just be my area. It's a rural community, nothing compared to the bustling cities down south. As a matter of fact, I think some of the folks from the small, surrounding towns, think THIS IS a bustling city! :lol:

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I use CL, a couple of forums, a couple of websites and one exterminator. Word of mouth is also a good way to advertise.

I know an old beek that is getting in poor health, but sells bottled honey and has a big customer base, he will give me a cut out call every now and then.

I can not get the county bee club to put my name on their list, even though I am a member. I even volunteered to help keep their website updated a little, never got a response from them. Pretty sad, there again I would have to say it is just a few in a clique promoting themselves, I really hate to say that and even voiced that the the president of the club.

G3

8. Monie

Monie New Member

That's too bad. I wish people weren't like that. I like sharing and helping. It just makes everything easier all the way around. I think I'll go with a couple of magnetic signs and maybe a t-shirt. I found a printer online that's cheap. It sure couldn't hurt.

9. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

KCBA has "website issues"... nobody really even knows what the official website is these days (the one on Korrnet or the more up to date and professional looking one?)... if you go to the one that looks the most professional and is the most up to date, you'll still see that it hasn't been updated in at least 6 months.

The trouble is that when you have a small club that relies on volunteers for everything, some things don't get done... especially when you're talking about something that requires computer geek technical expertise to do and you have a beekeeping club... that cuts the number of members that could even do the work way down, then from that pool you have to have someone that's willing to, then that person has to have the time to do it and keep it updated as well.

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That's what I was saying, I volunteered my time to help keep it updated a little. They are still talking about the fair that was in Sept. and I did find the two websites which is kind of strange in itself.

But like you said nobody has time for much of anything nowdays.

G3