Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Mar 12, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

It's been something I have mused about. A couple of programs that I have followed on the tv are about lifestyles and health. Both of these shows bring participants in and give them the once over health wise. They are then brought in to the doctors office, sat down, and told that "While you are actually "X" years old, your body is actually in the condition expected of a "Y" year old, and if changes are not forthcoming, life expectancy could be adjusted accordingly".
    I have seen some participants who are only say 40 years old told their bodies have a real age of 70 :shock:
    Usually there are assorted weight issues, lifestyle choices (smoking, etc.) that accompany this revelation.
    I have to admit that a short time after I turned half a century I was sitting in my MD's office and I remember suddenly asking him what the h*ll happened, it seemed like a switch got flipped and I started having aches and pains that seemed to crop up and seemed forever to get through. I have always thought I was in pretty good shape but I am starting to wonder, if I was put in that chair, what age would the good doctor peg me at?
    Perry, 52, body of a :eek:

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

By the picture you posted Perry you look to be in pretty good shape. Are you using a double for the camera?

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

LOL, are you talking about my avatar or the real pics of me in another thread tecumseh? :lol:
    Actually, I may be changing my avatar shortly, a friend of mine is photoshopping the existing one and is going to put "my face" on it!
    I am hoping it will look good! :beg:

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

From the pics of you and afss, I'd say you ain't too bad off.

Of course, I'm 65 with a body that is 132. Rode hard and put up wet too many times.

5. rast

rast New Member

And he's still riding hard!

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Me and dh both feel much older than we are. We just blame a lot of fast living when we were younger and too stupid to know that trying to outrun yourself is just plain old bad for ya. We ache and groan every morning, drink a cuppa, and tell each other to quit fussing, just remember don't act dead until you have to. :D

7. afss

afss New Member

it aint bad to be rode hard LOL