Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,121 Posts
We are issued three epinephrine auto-injectors in a combat environment. I know in the military we are taught how to use them and when while in boot camp, not sure about the Chair Force. Combat lifesavers and medics have several more.
Florida Master Beekeeper Program highly encourages ep-administration licensing. I am licensed. I think it is the safety issue the state is supporting. You never know what will happen with a hundred people looking over hives that may have never been stung. There are several firemen/paramedics and occasionally doctors present at my workshops also.

· Registered
1,121 Posts
One difference from the instructions and Florida procedure is 911 should always be activated as quickly as possible. If there are two people not experiencing anaphylaxis one should be contacting 911. It is never a last option of the patient or anyone responsible whether or when medical attention begins. Epi is only good for 15 minutes so unless you have the three military pens or you have an ambulance/rescue unit on the way you only created time to say goodbye one last time.
Second warning - epinephrine is light and heat sensitive. You will probably not "find it in a well equipped first aid kit" and if it is it is probably unusable unless stored at 77 degrees or between 59 and 86 F with a reduced lifespan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.