Aloha again

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Big Bear, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Big Bear

Big Bear New Member

I've been away for a bit. I really am not much of a bee forums guy but I'll give it another shot.Let me just say up front, I'm not here to argue with anyone and I'm not here to tell other folks how to do their beekeeping.I'm here to learn from others and share what I know as well. That's it.Don't ever be shy or afraid to send me a private message. I almost prefer that.I like to talk with folks who experiment and try new and different things in beekeeping. I like to chat with people who want to see it for themselves before they take something as a universal truth or dead to rights fact.I like to let bees be bees and do what they are going to do. If they need help, I want to be sneaky and slip it into what they are already doing.I think beekeeping should be fun. I like to play with bees. I hope you do to.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hey Bear, nice to see you pop in! Hope things have been going good for you. :wave:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Glad to see you back. Awol isn't allowed here. Don't let it happen again.

4. Big Bear

Big Bear New Member

live chat isn't loading for me otherwise I would have posted there.

5. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a large HOWDY Bear.... and glad to see your post.

and a snip..
    There are no "wrong"ways to keep bees, only ways that work better for beekeepers and ways that work better for bees. sometimes we get lucky and find something both can get along with.

tecumseh:
    evidently you ain't in much of an arguing mood so I will present this idea to you to think about for a while and comment or don't comment when or if you have that notion.

I would suggest based upon how many new beekeeper kill hives in year one and two that there are lots of wrong ways to keep bees and yet there is still the POSSIBILITY that there are numerous right ways to keep bees. I suspect some times the difference between the wrong way (primary evidence being another dead bee hive) and the right way (some purpose of the beekeeper fulfilled) may often times seem insignificant. These may include variable such as timing, geography and even minor differences in rain fall and soil type. Some of these variable a beekeeper does have some control over and others not so much.

7. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Welcome back Bear. :thumbsup:

Hope you stick around a while.

8. Big Bear

Big Bear New Member

thank you tecumseh and gunsmith.

you're right tec, I'm not here to argue. I have nothing to prove therefore I have no need to persuade anyone of anything. I just know what bit I know and believe what I believe.

Now, I'm always up for a lively discussion and playing devil's advocate just to see where a line of thinking might lead to. but the minute someone hows up trying to shout down and get rude, belligerent, etc... I am so outta there.

From what I recall of reading your posts you like to pursue academic discussions and I can get with that.

I'll try not to phase out as I tend to do with most forums. I always keep coming back to read over this particular bee forum,so that's something right there for me. usually when I phase out of a forum, I don't go back.

9. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Welcome back to the forum.

I look forward to some interesting posts from you.

10. Big Bear

Big Bear New Member

thanks barbarian. I don't know if my posts are interesting but maybe I can have my posts used as a sleep aid at the worst eh?

11. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Methinks that this forum, while often expressing different opinions related to beekeeping, is pretty good about not being argumentative. Insults are almost unheard of. Laughing together is a great pasttime here. :rolling:
    What could be more tempting to keep one in THIS forum?
    Glad you're back Big Bear. :grin:

12. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Welcome back I myself only found this forum a couple of months back. I agree on a lot of forms their members are argumentative and opinionated and can be quite rude. The thing that most on this forum realize is that we are speaking from so many different geographical areas, that the you have to do it a this way is not going to work in all area's at all times. Bees in yards 10 miles away have to be manipulated differently than bees at home, so how can I tell someone what they should be doing on the other side of the continent or in another country.

If you have been stopping in from time to time, then stick around and add your ideas to this wonderful tool of learning.

13. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Welcome back Bear!

14. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

hi big bear :wave:
    a warm and hearty welcome from me, looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you!
    btw, if you do go 'awol' again, or take an extended vacation, someone here will most certainly be looking for you......:lol:

15. jb63

jb63 New Member

Olaha mouchacho.