Beekeeping Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
bjorn writes:
I'll skip the long story, and just mention that I found out my trigger is MSG.

tecumseh:
upon consuming msg I have a sharp pained headache within 10 minutes. upon reading bjorn post I have a sharp pained headache within 10 minutes. is msg=bjorn?

not so much about home remedies.... has anyone watched the medical advice show of Dr Oz? seems like??? he present some pretty clear suggestion of how anyone can look after themselves.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've seen a few episodes and borrowed on his books from the library one time. He is VERY focused on nutrition which is one of the main veins of the more "traditional" alternative standpoint. He does give quite a bit of good information but I disagree with him on a few things, particularly on his view of fats in the diet.

Several years ago one of the kids was flipping channels in the afternoon and saw him on Oprah teaching someone how to use a neti pot to flush their sinuses. The kids thought it was hysterical because we have used one of years to keep sinus infections at bay and to help my husband (who is a welder) to keep his toxin intake down to a minimum.

Dr. Oz is also a big advocate of using many of the herbal therapies and natural supplements that folks have been using for a very long time. I'm glad to see some of the medical people incorporating these things into their views of how to maintain good health....it's about time.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I tried thecinniom for along time since Ibuy it by the 5 pound lots forthe bees. Keeps the ants at bay.

:mrgreen: Al

·
Registered
143 Posts
Way back in the beginning of the thread, tecumseh asked where I sting my wifes back....
I place a pattern of six to ten stings directly over the sore area which is her lower back. For my shoulder I put a few right at the top of my tricep and for my elbow the best is right in the back where your funny-bone is but it will make your fingers numb for awhile if you do it right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mama Beek,
Flourescent lights give off a high speed flicker and some people's brains have a hard time with it as they try to process the constant change... I don't get headaches but they make me jittery.

·
Registered
143 Posts
For a nasal rinse, we add a little honey with warm water. My son was getting constant sinus infections even with the sinus rinse and medications but they stopped when we added a little honey. My theory was that the anti-bacterial properties would hold off infections and as far as we know it worked.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
we've been known to add a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide if we think an infection is coming on but we've never tried honey....i'll have to keep that in mind. Also xylitol works very well helping to keep sinus infections at bay when added to a rinse, so does GSE, golden seal, and st john's wort.

thanks for the info about the lights, i'll have to try and find a way to combat the effects those lights do to my head what msg does to bjorn's.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Friend at work many years ago found out the flourescent lights give off a high speed flicker which caused his headaches. Since the work place was nothing but a huge bank of those lights he had to wear a light tint pair of sunglasses.

Looking for natural diabeties remedys I came across a Lemon, Honey and water drink for the very first thing in the morning after wakeing. It didn't mention the formula, anybody know it?
I think it was more to help loose weight which I could use.

I have found yogert and butter milk is helping me.

:mrgreen: Al

21 - 29 of 29 Posts