Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please note how in the one frame the bees reworked several cells to make drone cells at the expence of several worker cells, was tought bees will draw cells based on the impression of the foundation given if worker foundation--worker sized cells if drone foundation, (some use for honey supers, and now for varroa detection.) then drone cells, but bees constantly are reworking comb to make what they see fit--not what you want them to lol :razz: IMAG0165.jpg IMAG0166.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I have some like that, wax foundation that they completely ignored the pattern and made drone comb and then I found some in a dead out that was even bigger than around than drone cells, crazy looking cells.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what I like is when the bees first start to draw out the foundation, just barely with walls, and the queen lays eggs in them that sorta decides that issue--workers
Barry

·
Registered
978 Posts
Drones are important... In fact, I LOVE drones. I just wish I could get my bees to draw out the frames of drone comb that I have... they constantly ignore it and it drives me nuts because I'd like to use that to selectively breed more drones in my best colonies to increase the odds that future open mated queens (the only kind I have) will produce better bees in the future.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
a snip..
was tought bees will draw cells based on the impression of the foundation given if worker foundation

tecumseh:
another infraction of the rules?

15 yards and loss of down!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol back field in motion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts