American Beekeeping Federation, Orlando

Discussion in 'Upcoming Meetings' started by sqkcrk, Dec 16, 2009.

1. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I will be going to the ABF Mtng in Orlando, FL January 12th to 16th. Will anyone else, on this forum, be there? Hey rast. Wanta join me for a drink some evening? I'd be glad to introduce you to some of my friends who winter their bees in FL.

Hope to see some of you there. I'll try to have something on a name tag, so you will be able to id me as a fellow beekeepingforums member.

2. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

I will not be going although I thought hard about it.

I wanted to meet so many people from those parts such as Chappie McChesney, Virginia Webb, and others who really helped get the National Honey Bee Day program going in their neck of the woods.

Have a great time..... :drinks:

3. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

If it's a transportation thing, I could pick you up on my way through PA. :)

4. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Thank you for the offer.

It's other reasons..... :cry:

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Bjorn.................. :telephone: Hello Honey :queen:, me and sqkcrk want to take a road trip to sunny Florida and leave you and the kids here in the snow, yes....yes it is all about bees, you know a big conference........hello....HELLO!

As seen by sqkcrk as he drives by Bjorns place :crybye:

:lol: :lol:

G3

(my wife will not let me go either)

6. Charles

Charles New Member

:rolling: :rotfl: :rolling: :rotfl:

7. bdrowe

bdrowe New Member

I thought this was very funny too. I'm so tempted to go down to FL. I just hate to use my vacation days so early in the year. Air looks to be around $250. Still, might be worth it to see 50 honey queens... :thumbsup: everyone knows beekeeping is about the queens.

I can't understand why EAS chooses so many location that are off (way off) mass transit locations. So, this might be refreshing. Hard not to stop in to see Mickey. Oh bother, not excited about the huge $ though... so torn.

8. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Well, I think that ABF is mtng where most of the bigger beekeepers are located for the winter. Which should give them more reasons for attending. I also think that they switch back and forth between the east coast and the west coast, or east of and west of the Mississippi.