an amazing blind piano player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Dec 19, 2010.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I was at the wichita manufacturing association annual christmas party for entertainment They had a 50 year old man blind since birth Autistic and could play the piano like no one I ever heard he has never had a piano lesson his mother left him unattend in another room at age 3 when he got on the piano and started playing. She thought he had turned the radio on an went to shut it off only to find him playing away. They say he can hear a song once and play it back perfectly commit it to memory and play it again at anytime. He can play about anything you request they estimate he knows about 10000 songs. his gaurdian of 30 years took a request from a member to play ive been every where. He said he never heard him play that in 30 years. he played and sang it perfectly. after which he said he could remember playing it one other time when he was a kid. A truly amazing person that is an inspiration to all. After watching what that man has accomplished he lives on his own cooks for his self in a microwave does his own laundry pretty much independent. Theres a lot of people in this world could learn from corky

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Yeah, rat, I've met a few like him, or similar. they are amazing. One good friend of mine, a grown man when I was born, but whom I knew all my life. He was at a square dance one night with his wife when a guy with an artificial leg came in, griping about his new leg. Johnny and his wife danced up to him and Johnny said, "get out here and have some fun and quit complaining". Thy guy responded with "yeah, that's easy for you to say, you don't have a wooden leg".

Johnny's response.... "You're right", as he pulled his pants legs up, "I've got two of them". The guy didn't have too much else to say.

Sam, another one, had his right arm and right leg cut off at the age of 12. He drove a taxi all his life. Wouldn't own an automatic transmission. Never had anything but a stick shift, with no driving aids. Drank, fought, and played poker with the best of them.

Jance, who lost his right arm in a cotton gin at 10 years old, would harness a mule to a plow and plow all day.

None of those 3 ever accepted a cent from the government or any charity.

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

his gaurdian said he was born premature weighed 2 1/2 pounds his twin brother died at birth. that was back when premies didnt have much chance this is why he had no eyes. The hospital drs actual told the mother to go home and let it die. which was probly the norm she refused to do it they put him in a relative new idea an icubator until he got up to 5 pounds which was about the time he was due to be born. he was an amazing man he makes his money entertaining people on the piano plays about 150 performances a year.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

It really is amazing what most people will overcome. Since he has never had vision he does not know what he is missing, just normal for him.

Even as bad off as he has it he can still support himself or is at least working for a living!!

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I'm humbled, inspired, and grateful, all at the same time.