An amazing young man in our shrine hospital

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Sep 7, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I just got back from driving a young man to the shrine that I have to say was simply amazing. Jeremiah was a young man of 7 born without arms. You would think it would slow him down. Nope he could use his feet like you or I use our hands. He is able to hold a fork with his toes and feed himself. Can pick up a grape and feed it to himself with his toes and not smash the grape. The only thing all weekend I saw he needed help with was getting dressed and putting his shoes on. He just started kindergarden. When taking his test to see if he was ready for school he had to stack 15 blocks straight up. The person giving the test said they would give him extra time and not hold him to the same standards as the other kids. when the test was over he had all 15 blocks stacked with his feet and get this he beat the other kids using their hands. I wanted to share this since I found it simply amazing. A prime example of its not the disability that counts its the ability. I asked his mom if sooner or later they would fit him with prostetic arms. She said at this point he is so well adapted to using his feet the drs didnt know how well he would do with prostetics so they are going to let him get a little older and let him descide when he is ready

2. me2pl

me2pl New Member

give him another set of prosthetic legs :mrgreen:

3. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again Rat:
    God bless you for what you do. Probably 30 years ago I met a little girl like the young man you described, born without arms. She could do more with her feet than I could with 2 hands. When I start thinking about how bad life can get, I remember that little girl, and suddenly my life don't seem so bad.