an explanation and update on the problems we have been experiencing with the forum

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by riverrat, Jun 26, 2013.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I got with Austin and bounced around some of the problems we have been experiencing. He is going to make an attempt to keep the forum up to date on what is going on. I am going to share what he sent to me and Im sure he can expand on this if there is a need. Please welcome Austins comments below:
    Right now our developer is at the data center.

Yesterday we planned to move this website's web serving to a new server, the currently server cannot handle the load anymore. During the night, Apache requests are spooling up, load goes up and we are having to manually reboot Apache otherwise the server locks up and the data center has to physically reboot it.

That will all end as soon as we can move to this new web server, very powerful. However yesterday our developer broke some libraries so we cannot SSH into the box, so he had to physically go there and manually reinstall SUSE to get it back running. As soon as he gets it running and the correct Apache modules installed, all page speed issues will be a thing of the past. ​

2. Crofter

Crofter New Member

The forum sure is snappy now on the new server! :thumbsup:

3. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

Is it just me, or can we (temporarily) no longer add attachments (ie photos) to posts? I lost the usual toolbar that allows various things such as changing fonts, inserting images; and also the attachments button goes to a blank screen. It may be a function of me being new to the forum - but it was there prior to "the troubles" so just pointing it out.Thanks for all the behind the scenes work - I know it is a never ending chore.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  4. Crofter

Crofter New Member

I see it is back to normal now.

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Beside the quick reply button, click on"go advanced". There, you will have all the windows.

6. Crofter

Crofter New Member

Iddee, that wasnt the problem when BSAChris posted. The text editor functions were not available on Go Advanced either. It was rectified some time later.

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

What can I say? I've been gone all day and it was working when i posted. Sorry....