And with this swarm, my season may be over...

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Bens-Bees, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Could this be my last swarm I get this year? I don't know, it all depends on how quickly I can assemble more equipment, because apart from the equipment for the two cut-outs I have scheduled tomorrow and monday, I don't have any more spare equipment assembled. Sad thing is I have a pile of it sitting there just waiting to be assembled. Shame on me for not doing more this winter. Hopefully Tuesday I can assemble enough equipment to keep me going for another few swarms, I'm sure the calls will come in. Anyway, here's the pic from this one (this swarm almost looks like a sailboat don't you think?):

[attachment=0:2nqj4isu]SevSwarm.PNG[/attachment:2nqj4isu]

Attached Files:

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

You're good my friend! :thumbsup:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

What do you do between midnight and 3 am, lay on your backside and do nothing? Get that equip. ready and quit loafing around. You probably even fall asleep during some of those times. Shame on you.
    :rolling:

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Nah, I'm at work 'til 4am... can't sleep around here, even though there's plenty of down-time. They'll let us do nearly anything else, except sleep.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Ben I am struggling to keep gear slapped together also. I am down to the bare bones. Thinking of making a run over to Brushy Mountain.

6. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

No doubt... I'd head over there with you if I didn't already have several unassembled boxes and frames that just need to be assembled. But it's getting to the point that I'm wondering if I'll even have enough to cover what my existing colonies will need for the honey flow.

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That's me, the swarms I picked up have already filled a five frame nuc and I need some ten frame boxes and frames.