Annapolis Valley Look Off

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by PerryBee, Dec 12, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

It was a great day here today, bright but cold. It is difficult to find the perfect day to get these shots and even today there was a haze over the valley (no pollution). These shots are from the Look Off on the south mountain looking across the valley to the north mountain. That is the Minas Basin on the left at high tide. When the tide is out it is just a mud flat.
    We have mud creek days here where all the University students go out into the mud flats and play football (you have to see it to believe it)! :lol:

Look Off 001.jpg Look Off 002.jpg Look Off 007.jpg Look Off 004.jpg

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Nice pics, but you can't feel the temp in pics.
    Might be a nice place to visit in August.

3. Noronajo

Noronajo New Member

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Just so folks understand, in the first picture, all that water you see is the ocean (not just that inlet), and when the tide is out, it's gone, not just the inlet, the whole works!

5. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

What mountains? Looks more like a little bit of a hill. Have You been away from BC for that long that you forget what a real mountain looks like?
    The Martians are absolutely gorges Great pictures.

6. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Nice pics. Thanks

I thought the tundra was supposed to be Bogs, Reindeer moss and Permafrost.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:lol: :rolling: :rotfl:
    Keith, you are sooooooo right! It is absolutely funny what are referred to as mountains here! About the only thing that I consider to be real mountains are located in Cape Breton in the highlands.
    If life had taken a different turn for us I strongly believe we might have ended up in Revelstoke. My wife and I used to go there for long weekend retreats from the Lower mainland. Walking around in the alpine meadows in the rare air up high, completely nestled in the mountains, no feeling like it! :thumbsup:

8. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

I worked on a couple of apartment complexes up in Revelstock and other than the tourist season and the ski season it is a quiet sleepy town. Boring for a guy in his late teens early 20's.
    Canadian trivia... when you travel the trans Canada hwy, where is the highest point in elevation? Most think it would be at the top of the Rogers pass just east of Revelstock But It is in the flat plains of Alberta about 50 miles west of Calgary.
    Not many farmers fields to place bees but take your bees up to the cut blocks for the fireweed to get abundant crops of mild, water white honey, it has a slight green tinge to it. You just need to make sure you have good bear fences in place.