Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, just got another cut-out, its a double, 1 in the house and 1 in the garage, down in Skyhighs neck of the woods, heading to pine island this weekend. Chance to use the new beevac :Dancing: Ill take pics and post how it goes.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If it wasn't for the fact that the Bkeepers in the deep south kept us going with their swarms/cut outs and trap outs in the middle of winter, I could really start to hate them :D . No its good to hear of your adventures while the rest of us are getting cabin fever. Jim

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
:goodpost:
I'm jealous, Zoo.
I've got about 6 months before I can even think about the 2 removals I'm going to do.
Until then, I'll have to enjoy beekeeping vicariously, through folks like you that get to work with your bees year round.
Thanks for keeping us going with your photos. We like videos, too :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all packed and ready to go, new bee vac loaded up, 5 deeps and 30 frames, 4-5 gallon pals with lids, hope this all goes well. Just got another call as well, a trailer 4 feet off the ground has a hive under it, might hit it this weekend also.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Wait a minute, you forgot something!

I didn't see a CAMERA in that list. :shock:

Take pity on us Northerners and take pics, lots and lots, we need our fix!!!!!!! :beg: :beg: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1st cut out went better then could be hoped for :Dancing:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2nd 1 went well till the end then went to heck :cry: the new bee vac worked fantastic

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well done Zookeep, thanks for the salt in the wounds(pictures) :D I enjoyed them. Jim

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cut #2 is in a box in my yard but queenless so Im going to combine 1 of my nucs with it, dont think there is enough drones around or I would let them make a queen, hmmmm maybe.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Thank You for the pictures!
Nice comb in that first cut-out, good looking dark queen there.
Bit of rough luck on the second one, but all in all I would say you had a very good day! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Opened up the 2nd cut-out box today and saw a few queen cells so I put newspaper on and a 2nd deep and added the T1b nuc on it, Ill give it a few days then go in and squish the cells, instant full 10 frame deep works for me :D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, had a chance today to get a pic of the 1st cut outs queen and she is a real looker, almost black with white hair, never seen 1 like this, love the look :Dancing:

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Real beauty :D
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:
If I had a queen like that I would keep her picture in my wallet. :lol: :coolphotos:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Beauty of a queen (appearance wise, I love dark ones). Good pic too, lots to see, a few eggs, and I noticed a difference in the colours of your workers, some are golden and some black and white.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
curious,
were you ever able to use any of the comb out of the #1 pic, those long narrow combs are a pain to deal with, by the time you cut them you've destroyed a ton of brood, and leaked honey all over the place. I shook the bees onto foundation discarding the old usually dark comb, and the attendant SHB
Barry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts