another long absence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mama Beek, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Every time I think that things will slow down enough for me to catch up and stay connected on here life throws us a curve. Most recently we've been driving back and forth to my oldest daughter's home to help take care of her kids and her. My son in law suddenly took his own life and left her alone and VERY unprepared to be that way.

I'm astonished at the awful, unkind things that people will say and do in situations like this...and almost equally surprised what kind gestures and acts come from unexpected places. Jessi and the kids are really struggling....and I've never been so glad to be living within an hour from them.

Almost simultaneously we've been swept up in the busyness of trying to help my father in law get the rest of his affairs in order and taking care of him. He's over 80 now and not healthy anymore...plus he enjoys trying to push his luck and pursue things he no longer should. Thankfully he and Jessi live in the same town so we can all go and divide the family between the two homes and take care of things.

I'm trying to catch up here reading about our beekeeping friends though....hoping and praying that all of you are well and enjoying the winter's "rest". :)

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hi Mama Beek, glad you found the opportunity to peek in here.
    If ever your spirit needs a "lift", the people here are always willing to listen and offer encouragement. It's what we do! :wink:
    Rest assured we will always be available for support.

3. Omie

Omie New Member

I hope you are able to find the strength to get through this difficult time. May love guide the way for you and your family.

4. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

That's such a shame and I'm sure you've got your hands full. The very least we can do is put our hands together and pray for you and your family.

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Welcome back Mama Beek, although I'm sorry to hear the reasons you've been away for so long. I'm with the rest of your family here on the forum, we're all thinking of you. Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Mama Beek,
    We've missed you and now, knowing the reason for your absence, the heart feels for you, your daughter and your grandchildren's pain. Understanding the reason for your absence doesn't make us hurt any less--- and we don't have to live with all the ramifications of your tragedy.
    Like Perry said, we can at least give a listening ear and try to console. If we can in any way give your spirits a lift, sign in and we'll try to give you an infectious smile---in words. With the winter here and beekeepers sufffering from idle hands, a few nice bits of humor have been posted. Maybe you'd like to give a read to the jokes thread. You might even share some of them with your daughter and grandchildren. They might be good for a laugh of distraction from feeling "down". :sad:

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Well HELLO! stranger. :hi:

Sorry to hear of the family issues, but you can always rely on a smile here!!:wink:

Jessi, her kids and the FIL have one great thing in common, family that really cares for them and is close enough to lend a helping hand even if it is just moral support. Sounds like the FIL is still a go getter, he will be tough to deal with after a while, I know my Dad was. Just give him the reins and whip the horses, you know that is how he would like it. Everybody wants to feel needed and wanted (for the most part) and that is his way of showing it.

Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Glad you found some time in a busy and hectic world to swing through, wondering where you had been.

8. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I just ask resently if anyone had heard from you? so sorry to hear of another family crisis, you sure have had more than your share over the past few years. Was hoping things would get better when you moved to the show me state, it's a mystery how things turnout? and your daughter and grandchildern have such loving grandparents living close by now? Hope you and your family can find a way for some happiness over the holidays. Your in our prayers Mama Beek. Jack

9. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Thanks to all of you for your kind words, prayers and thoughts! We are all doing fairly well despite the chaos, and family loss....somehow the Lord seems to bless us that way. I'm not saying that it wasn't brutally hard to watch my two youngest boys literally bury their sister's husband, or that seeing tears in the eyes of my sweet grandbabies isn't as hard....but grace abounds in times of trial.

G3, you are dead on about my FIL...he's a pistol! I told him that at the age he is and all he's gone through in life that he has earned the right to die happy in his own home...but not in a pile of filth when there are able bodies nearby. Made a great excuse to keep a closer eye on him ;) He has taken a few falls lately and with all of the blood thinners the quacks have him on it's scary.

I just didn't want any of you folks to think that were weren't thinking of y'all, or had abandoned our good friends here on the forum. Thanks again y'all :)

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

nice to see your message.... and Merry Christmas to you and yours and may the new year be filled with sweetness.

11. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

Prayers for your family. From what I hear you are quite an essential part of the forum. We are glad to be a new part of this forum, and entering year 3 with four hives (fingers and tows crossed) We wish for you, that God's mercy brings joyful things, now. Merry Christmas and a bright 2013 from the foothills of North Carolina.

12. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Mama Beek, Prayers are with you and your family.

Walt

13. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I don't know about that Hispallette, but we've really enjoyed being here over the years and have missed participating. It's been good to sit and read posts with those familiar names on them and giggle at some of the silliness.

We are hoping that the rest of the winter will allow us to regain our balance so to speak. Things got very hectic after the move and kept right on tumbling.

Baby beek has big plans for her bee yard come spring and we need to get prepared. She has been occupying her hands with her new hobby....jewelry making with spent brass from the gun range, beautiful stuff!!! http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleDixieTreasures

14. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Firstly, sorry to see that you have such a full plate particularly during the time of the year when thoughts should be leaning towards the cheer that Christmas should be bringing. I wish you the very best and wish you and all your family Merry Christmas, and a better year then the one your in.
    Barry

15. Marbees

Marbees Member

Hi Mama Beek
    There are ups and downs in the life of every individual/family.
    Hope that 2013. brings health and happines to you and your family.
    Merry Christmas.

16. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

Mama Beek,
    I'm so sorry to hear of your hardships, but please know that you and your family will be in my thoughts, today and always. Please give a hug to those who need one and tell them it's from me.

17. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Thanks LadyLeo! Hope all is well out your way :)

18. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

I never know what to say when someone suffers a loss of a loved one. When I lost a loved one, someone showed me this letter because they too didn't know what to say to bring me comfort. Thomas Jefferson wrote this extraordinary condolence letter upon hearing of the death of John Adams' wife, Abigail.

MONTICELLO, November 13, 1818.The public papers, my dear friend, announce the fatal event of which your letter of October the 20th had given me ominous foreboding. Tried myself in the school of affliction, by the loss of every form of connection which can rive the human heart, I know well, and feel what you have lost, what you have suffered, are suffering, and have yet to endure. The same trials have taught me that for ills so immeasurable, time and silence are the only medi­cine. I will not, therefore, by useless condolences, open afresh the sluices of your grief, nor, although mingling sincerely my tears with yours, will I say a word more where words are vain, but that it is of some comfort to us both, that the term is not very distant, at which we are to deposit in the same cerement, our sorrows and suffering bodies, and to ascend in essence to an ecstatic meeting with the friends we have loved and lost, and whom we shall still love and never lose again. God bless you and support you under your heavy affliction.

19. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Blessings, Mama Beek.

20. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Mama Beek, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son-in-law. Kind words about him will be remembered forever by his children. I'm sure you will always be glad you devoted your time to helping your father in law. People seldom have regrets for spending time helping others. God bless you.