Another new Hoosier

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Angelwood, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Angelwood

Angelwood New Member

Kirk (A.k.a. Angelwood) here.
    I am in Central Indiana near West Lafayette, Indiana.
    This is my first year. My wife & I are ready and rarin' to go. The hive is built, the tools acquired, and the site located. Now we're waiting for our first nuc to arrive sometime in April. After that...I am SURE we'll be learning a great deal as quickly as we are able to soak it in. The girls will have a lot to teach us.

I am looking forward to the exchanges here. Looks like an amiable and informed group!

Angelwood

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Yes, Sir, we are. I'm amiable and they are informed. :thumbsup:

Glad you came in. Pull up a chair and sit fer a spell. Lots of good folks here, along with a bit of wisdom from the bee world.

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Welcome Anglewood, we need new blood to ask questions. It's a learning process for all of us. :thumbsup: Jack

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello Angelwood and welcome to the forum. Some pretty nice folks here, hope you hang around and good luck eith your bees!!

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hi there, glad you decided to join in. This sure is a great forum... we've learned an awful lot from these folks!

7. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

Hi Kirk,

West Lafayette, huh? We usually have our State Beekeeper's summer meeting there at the Purdue bee yards - always a great time - but we're skipping this summer since both the Ass'n and Purdue are heavily involved with the Heartland Apicultural Society conference in Vincennes (http://www.heartlandbees.com).

There's a West Central Beekeeper's club up your way. I know they hold at least one spring meeting at Purdue. Contact person is Mike Schluttenhofer (mschluttenhofer-at-fbibuildings.com). (Mike's daughter, Lisa, was the 2010 American Honey Queen.)

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know,
    Mark
    (Brown County)