another rat scenario need help here

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by riverrat, Jan 9, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Here I set in the house a major cold front with snow will be here sometime tonight. what is a rat to do. Now I'm by no means neither a well seasoned keep or a newbee. I have some options for how I can spend the day. Its a cold 25 degrees with a 13 deg windchill and temps are dropping. I can go out and check the hives and see how they are doing. Good or bad my hands are tied I cant do anything because of the weather. I could set by the warm fire in the stove and worry myself to death over how the bees are doing. That is if I chose not to go check on them. Falling off the wagon after 9 months of being sober is an option. But I would have to drive 20 miles one way in a truck that only has 10 miles worth of gas to get beer. Walk the last 10 miles with the beer drinking it as I go to lighten the load. only to arrive home to find myself locked out of the house by the wife and in the same position as the bees. (Cold, hungry, no place to use the bathroom, and huddled up shivering to stay warm). Or last but not least go out in the shop and work on a trailer I need to put a new tongue and hitch on and enjoy the day working in shop. While this may be a no brainer for some. But boys and girls we are talking about da rat here. And if you all havent noticed in the past he has trouble finding the punctuation keys on his keyboard so whats a rat to do :drinks: :D

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

You better go put that hitch on the trailer. That is exactly what I did yesterday, and replaced a tail light, and hooks on the safety chains. I had a bad day on Tuesday, everything I touched went to crap, it was rough I tell ya.

3. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

I say keep the wife happy. Walk by the beehives make sure the wind didn't blow them over. And go to the shop to work on that trailer!

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Or take Mama out for lunch or dinner. The reward on a cold night may just be worth it.

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

ok put new tongue and hitch on trailer moved jeep into shop so I can drop fuel tank and clean out. serviced skid loader and ready to move some snow if it keeps snowing