Another senario

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by G3farms, Feb 13, 2011.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Well Rat and G3 went to a very remote bee yard up in the Carolina mountains get eight hives. It was early morning before the sun was up and we plugged the entrance to the hive with screen wire since it was only a 45 minute drive to the other yard. With the eight hives strapped in the back we start our little journey. We make it out of the mountains and into a tiny little town and the drive shaft slings out of the truck. Now here we sit in the middle of town on the fourth of July with no shade tree in site, sun coming up and getting hotter by the minute, and all of the parts stores closed. We try calling our bee buddy Iddee but he has gone off to eat fried chicken, home made ice cream and watch the fireworks for the day.

Whats couple of out of town good ol'boys to do?

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

That's an easy one. When I get back in town from the FIRE works, I'll tell you.

But I did leave you a hint.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Good one Iddee. :mrgreen: Jack

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Buy a couple old bed sheets from the nearest thrift shop, put em over the hives and soak em down? Then when Iddee gets done eating get him to pick up the parts you need and come help fix the truck. (by the way, who's truck was it?)

5. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

Beg the fire department to hose them off?

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Now, you're getting some where. You don't have to beg. Just call the fire dept. and ask them to bring out a sprinkle hose. They will keep it raining on the hives until something can be done.

7. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Lets see now. G3 is from Tn and Rat is from Ks, so WHAT were they doing at a remote bee yard in Carolina???? I think most likely they were with Iddee eatin chicken and causein fireworks and got in some trouble and this whole story is for their wives. Jim

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Remember the clear liquid western NC and eastern TN. are famous for. That's why they were there.

9. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Musta been branch water, cuz Rats dry. Jim

10. Iddee

Iddee New Member

G3 just told him it was water. :roll:

Yep, we call it smokey mt. spring water.

Just ask JPthebeeman

11. milapostol

milapostol New Member

Now I think anyone in town would help to cool them off with water or tarps especially if you tell them that they are bees.

Is the fried chicken good? Can you pass the potato salad?

12. riverrat

riverrat New Member

well I told jack the truck sure was vibrating and ratling and banging down the highway to carolina guess I should have brought more baling wire and duct tape.

13. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Rat, i was going to bring baling wire and duct tape. Loaded it on the truck, then remembered i haven't got my truck running yet. So i went back in the house and ate another piece of coconut cream pie my wife made me for Valentine Day. :mrgreen: Jack