Anther cut-out soon.

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by PerryBee, Aug 19, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Got an email from our Provincial Bee Health Adviser about a possible cut-out.
    A big historic home only 5 minutes away. :thumbsup:
    This place is almost 3 stories high and they are right alongside the chimney near the peak. The home has some huge soffiting and I hope they are primarily located there and have not migrated downward into the wall. (There is some old historic dental molding as well).
    The owner (new) is game to have them removed and is even interested in being there/assisting when it happens. The carpenter friend who helped me the last time is willing to give it a go as well (he has the staging and it will probably take 5 lifts at least to get up there). :shock:
    I've let Adam from the forum know and if he is available it might make the job easier (maybe even have a laugh or two while we are doing it).
    I'm going to take a few pics before we get started to try and have some sort of strategy.
    The one thing I can't do is salvage any honey from this as this spot had been sprayed a couple of years ago. The old colony must have died out and a new one moved in.

2. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Take the honey as bee food. Better than nothing. Good luck and I am sending good thoughts that the bees have not found their way into more difficult areas.

3. wadehump

wadehump New Member

cant do that they have been sprayed

4. Adam Foster Collins

Adam Foster Collins New Member

Looking forward to it. I've responded to plenty of yellow jacket and bumblebee calls, so it'll be fun to finally be in on a cut-out.

Adam

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Three stories up--Wow. :eek:
    Please keep your balance and don't look down while you are working.

6. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

wow Perry thats up there a bit, Im glad I live in the land of the RANCH house, once in a blue moon you see a 2 story, but for the most part its all 1, I hope for you they are not behind the chimney, thats where 2 of my trap outs have been this year, good luck and be safe, belt and safety line up that high be a good idea (specially if the 30k darlings decide they dont like you knocking at there door)