Any Comb honey producers??

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by tmrschessie, Jul 26, 2012.

1. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

Howdy, Quite by accident I was going through one of my sheds and found a large supply of the comb honey making gear. I know I won't use it due to age and time limits...lol just wonder if any of you still produce it. Tom

2. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I haven't yet, but some of the folks buying my extracted honey have asked for it, so I will be trying 1 shallow super next year for comb honey production.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I have produced comb honey for several years, i have several customers who ask for it. I have 8 oz. and 16 oz cuts in clear plastic sandwich boxes, quart and pint chunk honey jars. I sell it at the local farmers market and you would be surprised at how many people ask what it is, and how to eat it.:lol: Jack

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Jack:

What do you tell them when they ask how to eat it? I would probably tell them the easiest way would be with their mouth, but that might pi$$ some of them off.:lol: ...

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

No thanks gunsmith, i get enough abuse from several old widow women as it is at the farmers market. My wife says some of them never buy anything, they just come to pick a fight with me.:lol: Of course i always win.:thumbsup: Jack

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Come on Tom, don't tell us you're too aged to use it or you already know when your time will be up. :lol:
    You're a beekeeper :thumbsup: Look toward the future with optimism--just for the heck of it, try it out next year.
    Long life to you.:drinks:

7. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

I have a super on with foundation that was meant to be comb honey. I was planning to crush and strain it when it is full but may make some comb honey just to see if people like it.

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Let me know how that works will you Jack? :lol:

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Perry, when them mean old women walk off calling me an old flatulent (only they use the slang word:lol:) i figure i'm the Winner:thumbsup:. Jack

10. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

If any of you need and of the comb making shallow supers and the dividers pm me here. Tom