Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, Quite by accident I was going through one of my sheds and found a large supply of the comb honey making gear. I know I won't use it due to age and time limits...lol just wonder if any of you still produce it. Tom

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I haven't yet, but some of the folks buying my extracted honey have asked for it, so I will be trying 1 shallow super next year for comb honey production.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I have produced comb honey for several years, i have several customers who ask for it. I have 8 oz. and 16 oz cuts in clear plastic sandwich boxes, quart and pint chunk honey jars. I sell it at the local farmers market and you would be surprised at how many people ask what it is, and how to eat it.:lol: Jack

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Jack:

What do you tell them when they ask how to eat it? I would probably tell them the easiest way would be with their mouth, but that might pi$$ some of them off.:lol: ...

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
No thanks gunsmith, i get enough abuse from several old widow women as it is at the farmers market. My wife says some of them never buy anything, they just come to pick a fight with me.:lol: Of course i always win.:thumbsup: Jack

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I won't use it due to age and time limits.
Come on Tom, don't tell us you're too aged to use it or you already know when your time will be up. :lol:
You're a beekeeper :thumbsup: Look toward the future with optimism--just for the heck of it, try it out next year.
Long life to you.:drinks:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have a super on with foundation that was meant to be comb honey. I was planning to crush and strain it when it is full but may make some comb honey just to see if people like it.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
No thanks gunsmith, i get enough abuse from several old widow women as it is at the farmers market. My wife says some of them never buy anything, they just come to pick a fight with me.:lol: Of course i always win.:thumbsup: Jack
Let me know how that works will you Jack? :lol:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Perry, when them mean old women walk off calling me an old flatulent (only they use the slang word:lol:) i figure i'm the Winner:thumbsup:. Jack

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If any of you need and of the comb making shallow supers and the dividers pm me here. Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts