Anybody interested?

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by ablanton, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ablanton

ablanton New Member

My church has a colony in the wall/roof. I don't know how accessible they are. Couldn't get up there after service today. Pastor wants them gone. Much as I'd love some free bees, I don't have the experience (or extra equipment) to get them myself. If anybody in the area wants them, I'd love to help & learn. Pastor is going to kill them if somebody doesn't get them soon. They are in Asheboro,NC. Anybody interested?

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I would say there will be someone interested in it. There are several members from that area on here.

3. Zulu

Zulu Member

Iddee's close to them.... Send him a pm.

Hate to hear of people killing them, because it won't solve the problem, and you will still have a mess inside the walls / roof. And next year some more might be back, because they will smell the old hive.

4. ablanton

ablanton New Member

Yeah, I don't want to kill them either. They are starting to get inside & I think he's afraid somebody will get hurt. I wish I had another hive ready and I'd try to get them myself.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Iddee is probably still hunting Easter eggs or biting the heads off of chocolate bunnies.

You better get a box or two ready cause this sounds like it is going to be a learning experience for ya :grin:

6. Zulu

Zulu Member

I'm away or I would give you a call..... Iddee will login later I am sure.....

Also Brandon lives down that way (Iddee's grandson) and he is doing many of the captures these days.

7. ablanton

ablanton New Member

Iddee came out and took a look with me. I climbed up on the roof and found where they are going into the roof through a hole in the gutter. There wasn't a real obvious way to get to them. It looked like there should be a crawl space area that they might be in, but I don't know where to access it and neither did my pastor. He's going to try to find the building blueprints.

Thanks, Iddee, for helping me take a look!

If there's no good way to cut them out, what are the odds of being able to trap them out? That part of the roof is flat. The hole is about four inches below the roof line. A hive box could be set on the roof right above the hole.

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It can be done. Would have to scout out the roof before planning any details.