Anyone Have Any Extra Beeswax for Sale?

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by blueblood, Dec 12, 2012.

1. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Hi folks, ran out of my beeswax for making lip balms. Anyone have extra they would be willing to sell me? My motivation for having a couple top bar hives next season is to help increase my amount of wax for balms and candles. Hopefully I will not need to buy anymore in the future...Thanks, Dave

2. kebee

kebee Active Member

I did have about 2 1/2 lbs but the sorry rats got into it and ate it all, keeping in a metal bucket from now on, did not know they would eat bee wax. They cost me around $9.00 for poison but they are eating it and drying, wepe!!

Kebee

3. Tyro

Tyro Member

Dave,

I have a chunk of it. It isn't the 'yellowest', but it isn't black either. If you are interested, I can take a photo of it (it might be a pound or so) and email it to you. If you can use it, you can have it - just pay the shipping for me and maybe send me a couple of tubes of lip balm!

Mike

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Sounds good to me...that's a heck of a deal. I was going to buy some online from Etsy or Ebay but just didn't trust the sources. At least here, I am sure it is coming straight from a keep. I will PM ya....Thanks, Dave

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ha! I would imagine they like chewing on it like wires and stuff. You know, I have never stumbled upon a rat. In fact, I don't think they are very populous around these parts....

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

at least at the Dadant store here (Paris Texas) they always have a large pallet (box) which is loaded down with large blocks of bees wax.

7. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

If it can wait till you come on your visit to Israel in the summer, I could give you a block as a momento. :grin:

8. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I would like some anyway...:grin: My Passport arrived this week. I am all set to be a world traveler now! The tickets are paid for and I am ready to go. If I bring some blueblood honey over to trade with ya, it has to be in 3oz bottles right? Another thing I was wondering, are double edged razor blades widely available at the market? I recently picked up the art of using a doubled edged razor (German made Merkur). I don't believe my blades will be allowed on the flight?

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

BB, think about sending a fedex or ups package ahead of time, now that you have someone there to receive it.

10. Tyro

Tyro Member

Sounds good. It isn't going anywhere, so just let me know when you need it.

11. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Dave,.............better yet............just stop shaving! :thumbsup:
    I am sooooooo jealous about your upcoming trip.

12. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

There should be no problem with the amount of liquids or of razors in your packed and STOWED (checked) luggage. The restrictions (enough to drive one crazy) are with the hand baggage that accompanies you inside the plane.

13. ajaz

ajaz New Member

I cant give it

Or sell from here

I own about 200kgs
    At this time will send u some snaps tomorrow

Sent from my A52 using Tapatalk 2

14. ajaz

ajaz New Member

I will give u a 100kg

Block if u visit india
    Anyone

15. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ironic you mention a visit to India. My wife and I just watched a documentary, "Children of the Pyre," last night. Sad but interesting film about this custom concerning one of the most important cremation grounds in India. We discussed how that would not be a place we want to visit if we ventured to India....

16. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Sorry Blueblood, after Perry showed all the pretty candles and things he makes out of beeswax and where he got his molds. Everybody that had wax ordered molds and are looking for beeswax also.:roll: So it's Perry's fault. :lol: Jack
    PS. i'm envious of your up coming trip also.:thumbsup:

17. ajaz

ajaz New Member

Banaras is a small place in india

Af far as myself

I m from kashmir

Which is known as

Paradise on earth

Whenever you come meet me

Your food and shelter will be free

My not working months are june to Aug.

18. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Very generous offer indeed. Kashmir is flanked by the Great Himalayas right?

Good one Brooks, ha! Yeah Perry, so that is why the grips on the wax are so tight?

Thanks for the suggestions on packing. I need to brush up on luggage restrictions. Iddee has a good idea about shipping the items over to Ef also.

19. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Boy Ajaz, that is one nice offer! :thumbsup:

By the way, I am almost out of wax myself! :shock: I had to stop making my regular candles and save a bit of wax for the tea lites I ordered. :lol:
    All of this is pretty much gone!
    Wax 001.jpg

20. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

You need to try other DE razors! I have a 1964 & 1969 Gillette Slim adjustable that shaves great! Also, a Gillette red tip DE. The red tip Gillette are slightly more aggressive. Try different types of blades. Not all the same. ASTRA Superior Platinum DE blades are nice blades. Check them out on Amazon. Can't beat the price. I'm always looking for nice DE razors from the past. Built to last!