Beekeeping Forums banner

Apple Jelly

3K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Mama Beek 
Just send me a couple of them jars, I believe I can tell if they have jellied or not. I use the homemade biscut test myself.

Nothing like hearing the "tink" of canned goods cooling down.

I used to help my grand mother can everything, make jellies, jam, apple butter, pickles, kraut, freeze corn. Nothing went to waste and it sure did taste good in the winter.

G3

I think canning is starting to be a lost art. Just too easy for you to go to the box store and buy what you want.

The wife and me only can tomato juice and beans, freeze okera. Kill a beef every year that I raise.

If things got really hard up I think some people would starve out pretty quick. As long as I have 22 shells and a fish hook or two I think I could make it alright

G3

and we are in mandatory Eat One Squash Per Day mode. I love it!

A fella that rented one of my moms houses planted him a garden, about 20' x 20'. He planted every vine type of plant you can think of and by mid summer all you could see was a huge green lump in the middle of the yard. He also worked for me for a little while and he woild work and then disappear, then show back up and then disappear again. I finally asked what was going on and he said he had the trots, real bad. I asked what he had been eating and he said three fried squash every night. I busted out laughing and he took off for the pot again.

G3

Those apples sure do look good, the deer got all of my apples. I fed the deers and now they are going to feed me.

Looks like the makings of fried apple pies yyyyuuuummmyyyyyyy in my tummy.

You have been hard at work for sure, will taste good this winter.

G3

Made fried apple pies last night and were they ever good.

Use to help my grandmother make pickles all the time. She would use lime, never heard of grape leaf. After thinking about it though I have seen grape leafs in jars of pickles, never knew what they were for, now I do. Learned something today.

G3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.